**** DONE: GB-53 1/32 Fiat G-50 FA-26 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, a bit more to digest, added the upper gun bulged covers to cowling, added the lower Resin Intake below the cowling too.
Put a Brass rod through the front Resin Engine mount and into the back of the Engine assembly for alignment and strength.
Added a small scratch built support bracket for the Exhaust Ring to sit on as this was free floating with no attachment point....
Plus added small slats into the Wing Intakes....that was a bit of fun....

39_Lower Intake & Engine_0378.jpg
40_Engine Assy & Exhaust_0384.jpg
41_Wing Intakes_0390.jpg
42_Wing Intake_0400.jpg

Thanks Guys, ok, getting to the serious end......yellow Theatre markings applied and masked after a couple of days to thoroughly cure that yellow.....

I have since done the Lower surface Grey and the upper surface Hazelnut Brown today....in between looking after our grand daughter again...! :)

Those pics tomorrow...

43_Yellow ID_0404.jpg
44_Yellow ID_0408.jpg
45_Yellow Masked_0413.jpg
46_Yellow Masked_0416.jpg

Excellent Wayne :thumbleft::thumbright:
Just a question: This aircraft was an early serie (serie II, MM4743), couldn't the underside color be aluminum dope?
Oops, sorry, I thought early productions by Fiat (CR.42, G.50, ...) had aluminum dope underside but it's mentioned in grigio mimetico in the book Finnish Fighter Colours 1939-1945 Vol.1 p.105 :) :thumbright:

Thanks for looking in Guys,

2 coats of Yellow Vic.
and Page 101 will give you the Aluminium Dope timeline useage and which aircraft got it too Steph...:) FA-26 skipping the process...!

Those extra pics of the Grey and the Brown application.....I did the Green mottle today and it turned out garbage, airbrush did not want to co-operate with lots of spitting so further work is required to fix it, not happy about the result...

Oh, and to top it off knocked the tail wheel off as none of the undercarriage is glued in place yet and can't find the damn thing.....Grrrrr

47_Grey_0423.jpg
48_Grey_0426.jpg
49_Brown_0419.jpg
50_Brown_0420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back