**** DONE : GB-53 1/48 Yak-3 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again everyone. Finished shots follow. I must say, apart from the clear parts, this is a fantastic kit and one more Zvezda product that I have had a great experience with. The fit was stunning, especially given all the framing in the engine area. Much could have gone wrong but it didn't so kudos to their team for producing a quality product at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, given that these are made in Russia, I likely won't be supporting them with a buy for a while....

Anyway, here are the DONE shots. Pics taken outdoors in shade on a Canon T3i at F32 with tripod. Some pics were brightened in Irfanview as the ambient light kept changing. Thanks to all who pulled up a chair to watch and who gave encouragement, and to those who chipped in with info to support my endeavours toward accuracy.

22060306.jpg

22060308.jpg
22060309.jpg
22060310.jpg
22060311.jpg
22060312.jpg
22060313.jpg
22060314.jpg
22060315.jpg
22060316.jpg

Fantastic build, as always. I need to master that 'soft' camo transition.

And...you started it! Think of those poor bastards who only want to produce great kits. No sales. No jobs. No More kits!! I realize that this is tough to support, but....would a plastic kit manufacturer have much power to change what is happening? Sorry, had to be said

Thanks very much chaps. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Fantastic build, as always. I need to master that 'soft' camo transition.

And...you started it! Think of those poor bastards who only want to produce great kits. No sales. No jobs. No More kits!! I realize that this is tough to support, but....would a plastic kit manufacturer have much power to change what is happening? Sorry, had to be said

As I learned, the camo demarcation on these Yaks was actually very soft with an overspray that was larger than many other contemporary aircraft that we are used to. The photos included at the beginning of the thread show this. Of course, this made air brushing easier, allowing me to hold the nozzle further away from the work and more perpendicular.

As for the "poor bastards", well, maybe they should consider moving their operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back