**** DONE: GB-53 1/72 Fw189 A-2 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have one of these in my stash I have yet to open. I've built the Airfix one but hope the Italeri one is better. Thanks for this. I look forward to your progress.

Not an easy kit especially in this scale. Check out my GB23 build, may give you some pointers.

Last edited:
Got a bit more done. This model is challenging for me due to the kit's lack of assembly guidance slots and other part fixtures or configurations that assist in assembly and alignment. Not to "blame my tools" on poor workmanship on my part, but thus far, this has been a more challenging assembly process. Attached is the latest progress showing the puttying needed to fill some gaps. I'll get it sanded and primered this weekend. Going fly-fishing on the Malad River tomorrow and Friday.

Attachments

• 11 Fuselage ready for sanding.JPG
    11 Fuselage ready for sanding.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • 12 Fuselage ready for sanding.JPG
    12 Fuselage ready for sanding.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
Got a bit more done. This model is challenging for me due to the kit's lack of assembly guidance slots and other part fixtures or configurations that assist in assembly and alignment. Not to "blame my tools" on poor workmanship on my part, but thus far, this has been a more challenging assembly process. Attached is the latest progress showing the puttying needed to fill some gaps. I'll get it sanded and primered this weekend. Going fly-fishing on the Malad River tomorrow and Friday.
Looking pretty good. Don't use it as a fly, you might knock the fish out.

Sanded, cockpit and wheel wells masked, ready to prime and paint. BTW, fishing was fun (I took Donivanp's good advice, and didn't use the model for a fishing fly :p) Had lots of strikes - my buddy caught five, I got three in the net. We both used 3-weight rods and dry flies. The fish are mostly planted rainbows at the Idaho Power Malad River hydro facility in Southern Idaho, near Bliss and Hagerman. Little guys anywhere from 8" to a foot long. Spunky, lots of leaping out of the water. Got mine on a Parachute Adams. Fun afternoon.

Attachments

• Topside.JPG
    Topside.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • Underside.JPG
    Underside.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
Sound like a lot of fun. Used to live in Kamiah ID back around 72-75 give or take a couple. Fishing on the Clearwater and the Lochsa. Recall one Saturday my dad and his friend took me out in late Jan to go fishing on the Lochsa, got out of the truck and walked about twenty feet, turned around and said you guys have fun, if you can call freezing your butts off and I'll be in the truck!

Looks like you've come up trumps with the sanding nice bit of methodical work. Sounds like you had a fun day fishing, I take it as they are so small you returned them to the water. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back