**** DONE: GB-53 1/72 Fw189 A-2 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like you've come up trumps with the sanding nice bit of methodical work. Sounds like you had a fun day fishing, I take it as they are so small you returned them to the water. :D
Thank you. Primed and ready to paint. A slight warp in the right vertical stabilizer. Too late to fix now. (Not sure if I could have) Looking forward to using my airbrush. Got to keep moving if I'm to meet the deadline.

We always fish "catch and release" with barbless hooks. Many streams around here require catch and release, barbless single hook, and no bait (worms, eggs, etc) allowed. Treat the typically exhausted fish with care, keeping them in the water, only touching them with wet hands. I have a measure-net which gives a measurement, and if it's a big one, I'll try to take a photo in the net in the water. I'm not a meat-fisherman, unless it's a bass on my fly. If it's above the legal minimum size (12"), and I brought an ice chest, Mr. (or Mrs.) bass is going to be a dinner guest. The BEST freshwater fish I ever caught and ate.

Attachments

• Primed topside.JPG
    Primed topside.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • Primed underside.JPG
    Primed underside.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Slightly warped tail.JPG
    Slightly warped tail.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
Sound like a lot of fun. Used to live in Kamiah ID back around 72-75 give or take a couple. Fishing on the Clearwater and the Lochsa. Recall one Saturday my dad and his friend took me out in late Jan to go fishing on the Lochsa, got out of the truck and walked about twenty feet, turned around and said you guys have fun, if you can call freezing your butts off and I'll be in the truck!
My next-door neighbor, and my wife's maid of honor/still-a-best-friend at our 1977 wedding, are both from Kamiah. (pronounced CAM-ee-eye for you out-of-towners) My grandma was born at Summit, near Headquarters. My mom was born in Orofino, my dad in Lewiston, so I have a little Clearwater valley in my veins. Done some adventure motorcycle trips on the Lochsa and Selway. Magruder Corridor Road, Lolo Motorway, Dixie, Elk City. Beautiful all the time. Sounds like you made the right cold weather call. At least your butt remained attached. ;)

Sanded, cockpit and wheel wells masked, ready to prime and paint. BTW, fishing was fun (I took Donivanp's good advice, and didn't use the model for a fishing fly :p) Had lots of strikes - my buddy caught five, I got three in the net. We both used 3-weight rods and dry flies. The fish are mostly planted rainbows at the Idaho Power Malad River hydro facility in Southern Idaho, near Bliss and Hagerman. Little guys anywhere from 8" to a foot long. Spunky, lots of leaping out of the water. Got mine on a Parachute Adams. Fun afternoon.
Got the underside painted black (RLM 22). Now to mask the black portions, and apply the splinter and mottling to the top side.

Attachments

• 15 Black underside applied.JPG
    15 Black underside applied.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 16 Topside waiting for splinter and mottling.JPG
    16 Topside waiting for splinter and mottling.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back