**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 Nakajima Ki.84 Hayate - Pacific Theatre (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's some colour Ralph. I used Tamiya X-8 Lemon Yellow because for some reason I have four bottles of it. Once thinned in the AB cup, I added some Tamiya XF-7 Flat Red using an old detail brush that I use for stirring, amount unknown. Note the over abundance of yellow ensuring that this time I will not have shortened myself in length and width as I sometimes do

Bottom colour will be XF-14, J.A. Grey and the top colour will be XF-51, Khaki Drab which is close to the chip on one of the Japanese sites. You can see it behind the cockpit above. As Andy, I try to list all brands, colours and mixes during the build

George - Thank you. Very much appreciated and sorry for the redundancies.

Thanks all. Just finished masking up the leading edge and clear parts. The clear parts were very frustrating as the frames were barely visible. The top frame of the windscreen has three tiny angles which I hope show up once the tape is removed. The frames were the worst on the rear clear parts. I didn't know there was a frame running down the middle until I was looking at some references so I had to wing it. I'll spray the lower camo shortly once I get my vision back

IMG_1963.JPG

It's quite startling to see the differences isn't it. I experienced the same on my Yak. Mind you, I got lazy and stopped using my SLR as my cell phone is much quicker and works well enough.

I got lazy and stopped using my SLR as my cell phone is much quicker and works well enough.
I may be doing the same, at least for the progress shots. The computer I usually use bit the dust a couple of weeks ago and the one I'm using now doesn't have a slot for my SLR memory card so I've been using my cell phone and the pictures haven't been half bad.

Sprayin's done. Two touch-ups and then gloss coat but that will be next week. I thought I would try and get away with gluing the inner gear doors on before spraying. They lasted five days until one came off during spraying

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

Camp bus in 2.5 hours. Have a good week, chaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back