**** DONE: GB-54 1/48 Nakajima B5N2 Kate - Pacific Theatre

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The great thing is this build shows all the clever bits that made the Type 93 torpedo work at PH. I have seen the tail parts in old black and white reprints but I was never aware, let alone seen the "dive planes ".
These works that you modelers craft are not only beautiful but have a great educational value as well. I can look at GB pictures and take a walk around extinct aircraft, IN LIVING COLOR.

Thanks Guys, couple of pics taken yesterday, bright sunny day, not been many.
One last item to add and she is finished, same with the other Kate....

Finished_1171.jpg
Finished_1173.jpg
Finished_1179.jpg
Finished_1184.jpg

Thanks Guys.

She is done now, weather is suppose to be good this weekend so will take a few more pics and post them to finish off.
AI-311 is done as well, so here are a couple of shots.

AI-311 B5N2 Kate Flown by Lt. Cmdr. Shigeharu Murata Hikotaicho of the Akagi Air Group and overall Leader of the Torpedo attack on Pearl Harbour.
He releases the first Torpedo at battleship row at 7.57am and hits USS West Virginia. His wingman Lt. Jinichi Goto to his left drops his torpedo and strikes USS Oklahoma at almost the same instance, There is one Photo taken from the opposite side of Ford Island reputedly showing the 2 huge water spouts of these first 2 strikes on Battleship Row.

AI-311_1243.jpg
AI-311_1244.jpg
AI-311_1247.jpg
AI-311_1248.jpg
AI-311_1250.jpg
AI-311_1252.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back