**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Wellington Mk 1C - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. Back from my travels, got over the jet lag which hit real hard this time, then I was tasked with cleaning out the garage ready for a solar battery and extra panels hopefully being fitted this coming week. Lots of rain and floods at the moment so this may well be delayed. Anyway, onto the kit which got my attention today. Not long to the end of this GB so I'd better get a move on if I hope to finish.

Worked some more on the internal deck, some of the internal bracing but that was about it. Looking at the pics, me thinks a bit of touch-up required. Hope to crack-on more tomorrow.
20221022 1.JPG

20221022 2.JPG

:D

Have been in a bit of a quandary these last few days. You may recall that I've hacked some sizable chunks out of the side of this machine.

20220826 3.JPG

It suddenly struck me (a brain cell overload) that when it comes time to add a coat or two of external paint, I've got a lot of biggish holes where spray paint can get in and create havoc. My spraying skills are not that well refined. My solution was to mask the inside, join the two halves together temporarily................................
20221026 1.JPG

and spray to my hearts content.......................
20221026 2.JPG

The hope is that when time comes to close up. I'll be able to sort the seams without to much trouble and that the major spray will be just a touch up and then over-spray of cammo wont be too difficult.
20221026 3.JPG

That's the theory anyway. :D

I've been using A/C filter foam, it's thin and I'd guess you could white glue it in place and just pull it out when done. But great on whet you're doing. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back