**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Wellington Mk 1C - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind thought Gent's. Feeling more humane today so passed some quality time on the workbench.

Lots of fiddly things to do and to be honest, I'm a bit unsure where to concentrate my efforts next, so what better place than the technical end of the machine.............the flight deck.

I started with the rudder controls...........very basic and in all probability would be unseen had I not cut a couple of holes in the fuselage. So just in case, a little modification was required. I removed the foot plates, hunted out a bit of scrap PE and made up a couple of new foot hoops more in keeping with the real thing. There not great, but will suffice.
20220831 1.JPG

20220831 2.JPG

20220831 3.JPG

Next the flight deck itself. The kit provides for a duel control but this was only fitted to training aircraft, so again modification was required in the form of some part removal and a little initial deck support framework. More work will be done on this once the first lick of paint has been applied.
20220831 7.JPG

20220831 4.JPG

I then turned to the instrument panel and fitted a compass shelf (more scrap PE) and worked on instrument casings on the rear of the panel. Again more work will follow on these once the paint has been applied.
20220831 5.JPG

20220831 6.JPG

:D

Thanks for calling in folks and many thanks for the kind words. I've spent today just tinkering with some very small parachute stowage containers.
In the kit they provide 8 of these little things and each is supposed to represent 1 parachute stowed (Fig. 1). But, this kite is going to be on the ground without a crew (its full of holes 😅).
So out with the Dremel and we start digging containers from this plastic (Fig. 2).
Each chute container also needs some restraining straps (Fig. 3) otherwise one could have parachutes bouncing all over the machine should they be having a bumpy ride.
20220902 1.JPG

The finished products.
20220902 2.JPG

:D

Just came across this pic taken at RAF Hullavington in 1943 (where I played under Vickers Wellington wings in the early 50's) showing the 16 different types of military aircraft in service with the RAF at the time. An interesting picture.

Hullavington..jpg

Source: Internet. :D

Thanks for looking in folks. I have a question. The kit has a rack full of reconnaissance flare and advises that they be orange in colour, I have my doubts. Looking through the internet I can only find the one reasonable picture (see below) and this one looks as though it is a dark colour like black. Any thoughts.
Flare.jpg

Source: Internet. :D

It looks like the colour was the same as the one used for the main landing leg and its strut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back