**** DONE: GB-56 1/48 P-38H - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, been draggin' behind getting on the forum lately, but still moving the build along....

those other wheels have there patterns restored too Andy..:)....

added the screen decals to the inside of the boom intakes....a simple way of solving that issue...! Painted the areas including the Cover pieces.

All of this fitted and closed up on both booms now but pics for one to save on time...

34_Wheel Patterns_1872.jpg
35_Boom intake detail_1850.jpg
36_Boom Intake Assy_1855.jpg
37_Boom Intake Assy_1857.jpg

Thanks Guys, kicking into gear.....

earlier in the week...added the Booms to the wings along with the ailerons and wingtips....but first had to fit the sections for the turbo chargers....when I dry fitted the booms after this the fit was so good it took a bit of careful persuasion to separate them again for gluing...!
Also added the drop tank hard points too...along with a dry fit of the nose gear components...
38_Boom assemblies_1875.jpg
39_Booms fitted_1881.jpg
40_Booms Fitted_1883.jpg
41_Booms fitted_1885.jpg
42_Turbo charger sections_1887.jpg

I need to shake the dust off mine now. You're catching up!
Coming up on the outside fast mate.....:)

Public holiday yesterday, Australia Day, took the opportunity to get in a few hours.... Tail section and Rudders, Nose Cowl Covers prepped and fitted.
Front Engine nacelle side intake panels attached too.
Nose undercarriage assembled and fitted, as is the U-C Cover assembly.......Boo Boo happened here glued the outer and inner pars together for this cover then a few minutes later figured out I used the wrong internal section and not the one for the 'H' model. There is a subtle difference..!
Plan B got out an F/G I had and got the outer cover from here to go with the correct "H' inner and all good......the other simply goes back in the F/G box for the future....
Last item done, the Brass barrels to the nose section to replace the kit plastic ones...

43_Tail Prep_1895.jpg
44_Tail Assy_1898.jpg
45_Tail Assy_1903.jpg
46_Nose -Gun Covers_1905.jpg
47_Nacelle Intake Panels_1912.jpg
48_Nose U-C and Cover_1911.jpg
49_Nose section and Guns_1917.jpg

Front

Users who are viewing this thread

Back