**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Kawasaki Ki.45 Hei - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. The whiteness undercoat for red and yeller. For some reason I have two and a half bottles of Tamiya Lemon Yellow. I added .2ml of Tamiya Red to the half bottle and this will be my ID Yellow for those pesky British/Japanese leading edge markings. Other colours to be sprayed after the Jays game

George, does your bird still carry the belly cannon or not? I don't remember anymore.
Can you show the underside of the a/c (with or without cannon)?
Cheers!

Camera battery charging at the moment but here is a section of the instructions showing the insert. Versions 1 & 2 carry the cannon and 3, which doesn't carry the cannon has you install a plug in this area. Not sure if this is an early or late version of cannon

1685979990566.png

Camera battery charging at the moment but here is a section of the instructions showing the insert. Versions 1 & 2 carry the cannon and 3, which doesn't carry the cannon has you install a plug in this area. Not sure if this is an early or late version of cannon

Thank you! So you have version 3, right?
As for your question: This is one of the late configurations (Hei): 37mm in the nose and 20mm ventral.
See here.
The 37mm in ventral position is the earlier configuration (Otsu) and has bigger cover of the cannon breech.
See here.
The "early" or "late" type in Hasegawa's model is the same 20mm cannon with different muzzle ends.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back