**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Kawasaki Ki.45 Hei - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Deecals done on the bottom wings and left side save the propeller warning stripe. Why not the stripe? I'll tells yaz why. I put the lower hinomarus on first as a test; to make sure 13 year old decals wouldn't fall apart. These proved to be bullet proof plus none of my decal solutions persuaded them to settle into the panel lines. I even slathered Walther's Solvaset onto a spare decal and nothing happened. Full of confidence I went to put the squadron emblem on the tail and it came apart in three pieces. I managed to salvage it but two small slivers folded under and refused to budge. I have since laid Microscale Decal film over the right side tail markings and the above mentioned propeller warning stripe. I'll apply these tomorrow

IMG_2698.JPG

Thanks all. Just got back and applied the right side squadron emblem. Decal film worked great with one caveat. Either apply the film and cover just the decal or slather it on and trim as close to the edge of the decal as the film becomes the decal. The good news is the film is very thin and transparent. Supper and Jays game and then I'll finish off the decals on the right side. I hope to have this done in two days as my holidays are running out. Haven't been at work since May 17th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back