**** DONE: GB-58 1/72 He219 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi everyone just a quick update. I've attached the landing gear for a test on nose weight. At the moment I'm 3 grams shy of stopping this being a tail sitter. If I can put more weight around the cockpit area all good if I have to use the front of the engines then I think I'm going to need more. Wish me luck.

Decals need to go on soon. When i opened the box the decals were yellow so I have had them in the sun for the past 2 weeks for a few hours each day. What do you think, usable? If I find some other white balkenkruez I'll use those. I'm pretty sure they had wit one's the top wings.

I should have white Balkenkreuze in the right size Walter. I'll check my stash when I get home from work.
Thanks, I found a pair in white but I may not have to use them they may be in black anyway. Unless there's evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
I would be careful of the Balkenkreuze for the Uhu. Looking at a couple of images with the kite I noticed that there could be different variants of the marking used. These could be from the standard LW crosses to the low-visibility ones. It looks like Germans tried to limit the using of the white especially for the night kites. So no strict rule for the markings. IMHO a pic of the particular plane would ne useful.

Users who are viewing this thread