**** DONE: GB-58 1/72 He219 - Night Fighters all Eras

Yes you are right I was following the instructions but I'm not exactly sure which plane to depict certainly W.Nr.310189/D5+CL which is the captured one has smaller and rushed mottle.

I'm looking for an all over rlm76 version but may have to be artistic in the final depiction as I have limited decals to use, the kit decals are yellow.
 
Some pics of the original:

Captured-Heinkel-He-219A7-3.NJG3-(D5+CL)-WNr-310189-Grove-Denmark-May-1945-02.jpg

Source: Captured Heinkel He 219A7 3.NJG3 (D5+CL) WNr 310189 Grove Denmark May 1945 02

6442188235_3afc74e50c.jpg

Source:
Captured-Heinkel-He-219A7-3.NJG3-(D5+CL)-WNr-310189-Grove-Denmark-May-1945-03.jpg

Source: Captured Heinkel He 219A7 3.NJG3 (D5+CL) WNr 310189 Grove Denmark May 1945 03
 
Agh, A4K is this the debated reverse mottle I wonder? Obviously the dragon kit paint scheme is incorrect.
 
Another version after it's dry I'll go over with rlm76 to smooth the edges out. Opinions?

20230812_165510.jpg
 
Thin down some 76 and get your pressures right and you should be able to go carefully around the 75 spots to improve your pattern.
Thanks Wayne we'll see how I go
 
Another version after it's dry I'll go over with rlm76 to smooth the edges out. Opinions?

View attachment 733594
I did that once with a 1:72 Me 262B-1a/U1. Just lightly oversprayed the whole thing with straight RLM 76 (this is 1:72 remember Wayne :) ). Did the trick in my opinion.

STA52402.JPG

STA52401.JPG

STA52404.JPG

STA52407.JPG

Pics from post #5178 of the 'What's on the workbench?' thread.
 
Last edited:
hard to see in the above photos but think the splotching is more squared ~
 
Its a hard call but IMHO I'd be inclined to keep what you have done and just run a light spray of RLM 76 over the camo to tone it down a tad. :thumbright: :D
 
Your call mate. But it looks nice to me. Maybe just a light misting like Vic said.
 
Cool, a challenge in any scale
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back