**** DONE: GB-60 1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much gents. L LownSlow what engine does your plane have? We have both a Cheetah and Jacobs in Nanton as well as manuals for same so I can take a look for you to see where the generator drive comes from.

Anyway, here's were things are at. The gun trough can be seen here as it was before I decided to replace it. The styrene sheet was cut a bit narrow for the trough and the TET deformed part of it, opening a gap and making it look pretty bad. Add to that my feeble attempt at adding the screws AFTER gluing it in and I have an unacceptable result.

24021301.jpg

Here's the replacement after applying some primer. This time I added the screws before gluing it on and turned the piece over so they stuck out.

24021303.jpg

So this morning I stank up the house priming the model with Tamiya's Surface Primer which is a lacquer-based paint. I don't like doing this in the winter and need to rethink my plans for painting with this product in the future. I wore a mask but the furnace fan recirculates the fumes everywhere so this might detract from my plans to live to 100. More zombie builds might be on the horizon. At any rate, here's how she looks now:

24021302.jpg
24021304.jpg

A close look reveals that things might be OK to get some yellow down so my next update might show some new colours.

Thanks very much guys, appreciate it.

Mixed up a batch of "Trainer Yellow" this morning using Tamiya XF-3 and a few spots of red and spent over an hour spraying multiple passes over the primer. Luckily, I had just enough of the mix to finish the job.

24021401.jpg
24021402.jpg

The next step will lots of masking and then application of the DE and DG. Thanks for checking in.

Looking good Andy. If you drop by in about 15 years you can have a go at spraying ours :thumbright: . Although we do start tomorrow on painting the stripped frame RAF Interior Gray Green, so progress.
Re engines: ours is a British built Mk I, so it has Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah IX engines (one of the defining features of a Mk I; if it was Canadian built with Jacobs L6s it would be a Mk II, if it was a British (MK I) airframe that had been converted to Jacobs engines it would be a Mk III and if it was a British airframe that had been converted to Wright Whirlwind motors it would be a Mk IV). Any info on the Cheetahs greatly appreciated.
cheers
Scott

Demarcation between upper camo and the yellow was done yesterday, adjusted a bit today and then the Dark Earth sprayed on. The DE is the same mix I used on my Spitfire Mk I STF Build back in 2021 which is (Tamiya) 2 parts XF 52 flat earth, 2 parts XF 49 khaki, 1 part XF 3 yellow.

24021601.jpg
24021602.jpg

More masking to come as I'll go with a hard edge on the Dark Green. Back whenever that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back