**** DONE: GB-60 1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice of her. I'm usually doing my stuff when mine's at work so I don't have that option. Anyhoo, the wings are secure and gaps have been filled with stretched sprue softened with TET. The seam has been rough-filed to remove any steps. The seam on the bottom needs to be invisible except at the front as the wing is one piece and the fuselage sits on top of it so all signs of a seam on the bottom have been filled with Tamiya Surface Primer and await sanding. Then I need to rescribe the lost details.

24020801.jpg
24020803.jpg
24020802.jpg

More tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks again. Smoothing for the 136th time and another test shot of paint done. As you can see, the horizontal stab is now on - same kind of three-handed juggling as with the main wing but less finicky given the pieces are much smaller.

24020901.jpg
24020902.jpg

The top of the fuselage will now pass except that I'll need to scribe a fine seam line there. The wing roots look not bad but will need another round of scrubbing and a final scribe. The bottom will need scribing of lost details and then will be ready for paint. I also knocked both oil tank vent tubes out but found them so will glue these back in near the end of the build. Not seen is the gun trough patch. I'm not that happy with it so may give it another try.

Nanton Mosquito work tomorrow and busy Sunday so may be back Monday or thereabouts.

Starting to look like an airplane :thumbright:.

Not seen is the gun trough patch. I'm not that happy with it so may give it another try.
I wouldn't get to worried about the fit and finish on that patch; from the two examples we have it looks like they were just a flat sheet that was screwed on when the gun was removed at the repair shop:
GunPatch-01.jpg

GunPatch-02.jpg

Incidentally, thanks for that shot of the generator vents (or whatever they are?). The AP1525 manual Electrics diagram shows the generator in a different location, apparently incorrectly as the open nacelle shots clearly show the generator mounted on a bracket attached to the firewall, which matches the text description in AP1525. But looking at our engine (which has had the generator removed :cry:) I cannot for the life of me see where the drive for it comes off the engine. Ah well, more investigations...
Have fun with the Mossie.
cheers
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back