**** DONE: GB-60 1/72 Junkers F.13 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Getting ready to create the FINISHED posting, but a back story first. I'm not sure how the photos will look online? The reason --- A couple of days ago I decided to join the 21st century and order a W11 system. Many reasons, mainly the applications that I want require W10 or above. Couldn't pass up a Black Monday Costco special. I've been working on a 12 year old W7 system, and lately having some issues, mainly 'memory leaks' where the system will slow down or stop. I just did a restart when that happens and all is good for a while. If anyone doesn't believe that computers can become sentient then think again. Right after placing the order I did a needed restart. Never came back! Mother board seems to have died!!! Broke its heart I guess?? In the shop to find out. In the mean while I drug out a 16 year old system, nursed it back to health, and here I am back online. The problem is, what was a really fast graphics system then, now not so much, so the photo cropping and tidying up may not be up to my self imposed standards. Can't tell....
Junkers F-13 Port F.jpg

The photo looks good. I take it there was no drama with the decals then.
I used both the Tamiya and the Mr. Softner. Seemed somewhat equal, possibly the Mr. Softner being more aggressive? I did stop when noticing your 'caution'; the decals were melting to the point where some of the red paint was starting to show. The majority of the decals flowed deeply without any issues. I'll try and get some close ups?

You be the judge (pun intended!). The fuselage decal may look like it bled through but that is only the light reflecting. I'm no expert, but these groves seeme a bit extreme for the 'average' grove depth to settle in?

Junkers F-13 side decal.jpg

Junkerf F-13 Wing Decal.jpg

Yeah, the black ones look like they have settled quite well but the white crosses are sitting on the crests of the corrugations. That's about as good as one can except I think, short of painting the damned things.

Yeah, the black ones look like they have settled quite well but the white crosses are sitting on the crests of the corrugations. That's about as good as one can except I think, short of painting the damned things.
Not sure why a difference, but as you can (unfortunately) see the decal binder did not form as well on the crosses as the larger number/letter ones? Good enough for the distances that this bird will be seen at....but for the purist???

Nice to see it done Ralph and I think you did well with the decals as I remember when doing my Ju52, settling the decals on the corrugation was hard yakka. :D :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back