****DONE: GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tough lessons. Don't do as I did and that was to trash all that engine work in pure frustration. Build a simple rack and display it along side the model.

Tough lessons. Don't do as I did and that was to trash all that engine work in pure frustration. Build a simple rack and display it along side the model.
Years ago I did the same with a 1:32 scale Spitfire, I just didnt have the experience knowledge or anything else, ended up with a load of bits all out of shape covered in paint and glue. That's why I thought these two kits would be ideal, to see if I can learn enough to justify things like an airbrush etc. I did one closed up, so the other has two engines which is lucky because I broke some bits and lost one to the carpet. One engine will go in the Spitfire, the other will be as you say on a rack next to a Mustang P-51A in an imaginary "hey guys, will this fit in that" scenario.

You airbrushing now? If not, make the leap. Opened up a world of detailing and finishing options for me. You really don't need one of those $150-200+++ guns. Plenty in the sub $100 range if you watch for sales, on spraygunner for instance. If you stick with acrylics then cleanups are not bad at all.

I will see how I go, I have two more Spits for the GB (1 started) Then 2 Mustangs and I will get a Hurricane for the next GB, then decide what's what. I am working on stuff like filling and fitting which as I understand it needs to be right coz if it isnt an airbrush shows it all up. I am trying to avoid swamping myself with stuff to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread