Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB (3 Viewers)

Looking good there Jerry.

Now that's different silence, Jan will be happy it has a 13 on it! :D

Yeah, I like to do custom paint jobs, especially after doing so many "officially approved" ones over the years. That's one reason I like doing German planes: there seems to be a great deal more variety in their schemes than those of other air forces.

In this case the scheme was a sudden whim, and I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked when done.
 
Well... I've done a almost-all black 152H and a med grey with light grey accents 152C. And I pretty much always do a yellow chin.

And there's the 1/24 D-9 with an "arctic" (black-grey-white) camo and - again - some yellow highlights plus a custom white wolf silhouette logo.

And a black 109F with 1/3 yellow spinner, yellow chin and rudder, and yellow on the topside of the wingtips. Underside and wing root fillets are RLM 75. And I made some Gallandish-style MG 131 bulges for the deck MGs. Oh, and for fun gave it an Erla hood and deleted the aileron weights. Probably the evilest looking plane I ever built.

And currently just started what will be an all-white D-13, sorta: I'm reversing the engine piping and moving the supercharger to the left to give it that DB-powered look. Do need to order some DB 603 stacks still...

Red Ta sounds interesting - but I'd go with a dark red (like Humbol Wine or Model Masters British Scarlet/Crimson) as opposed to a Ferrari red. Maybe use black for highlights or custom designs.... and maltese crosses instead of Balkenkreuz as a sort of homage to Richthoven.

I've just done so many LW fighters with "official" or almost official paint schemes that its fun to go my own way.
 
Last edited:
This one's for real:

Orange Red TA 152.jpg
 
BLACK 10 2/JG26

Thanks Guys, here are a couple of pics, not entirely satisfied with them but at least it shows some forward progress...

I'm going with 74/75 on the upper wings, matching an earlier aircraft in this series 500581 Black 8 of II/JG6 of which colour footage exists.(Eagle Editions Vol.1) The wings are most definitely not the Greens seen on the fuselage and have a lighter appearance in the available black and white photo in both EE and JaPo books.
 

Attachments

  • 26_Fuselage 84  Wings 75_0750.jpg
    26_Fuselage 84 Wings 75_0750.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 27_Upper Surface_0774.jpg
    27_Upper Surface_0774.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 28_Lower Surfaces_0762.jpg
    28_Lower Surfaces_0762.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 139
Cheers Andy and Jerry, tried for some better shots outside in the sun.....much better, I think! :D
 

Attachments

  • 29_Upper Surface_0805.jpg
    29_Upper Surface_0805.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 30_Upper surface_0797.jpg
    30_Upper surface_0797.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 31_Lower Surface_0804.jpg
    31_Lower Surface_0804.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back