Dutch East indies (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Marcel, the references for the Singapore/Maylaya campaign notes that the Dutch sent some aircraft from D.E.I. to help out, and then near the end some surviving Hurricanes were sent to D.E.I. after the Singapopre airfields became unusable.

Is there any record of how many Dutch fighters were sent in December, and how many RAF aircraft arrived in January/February?

Were there any Dutch fighters in D.E.I. other than Buffaloes?

The ML-KNIL has been using 29 Hurricane IIA or B that arrived on Feb 4th 1942.
No Hurricanes that were ordered have been delivered.

ML-KNIL in the east Indish used many types, Hawk 75's, Buffalo's and Curtis-Wright CW-21 and CW-22 fighters.

For Singapore, I'll be back on that. I should have something about that in one of my books.

Correction: Of the 29 that arrived, 12 were used by the ML-KNIL, the rest went to a British squadron

Below a picture of a ML-KNIL hurricane which I grabbed from the net somewhere..

Attachments

• NEI Hurricane.jpg
    NEI Hurricane.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 68
The ML-KNIL stationed 24 Brewsters at Sumatra for the defence of Singapore. Later another squadron was added, don't know how many a/c were in that one.

Fascinating videos Marcel. Good find mate :cool:

I thought so, too. Some rare birds in there and the rest is also interesting for me. If you're interested, part 1 and 4 are also on Youtube. But I only posted these ones as this is a warbird forum and these contain real warbirds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back