Duxford "Meet the Fighters" airshow, Sept 10th & 11th, 2016. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek and Hugh, and sorry for the delay in posting this next group - been a bit preoccupied with a sensitive personal issue.

The two resident Buchons provided a neat display of precision formation aerobatics, but I'll admit, this time around, I did more watching than photography.
I'll try to post the next selection soon, but as mentioned, I have some difficult things to deal with, and will be going away at some point this week.

MF 28.jpg
MF 29.jpg
MF 30.jpg
MF 31.jpg
MF 32.jpg
MF 33.jpg
MF 34.jpg

Thanks again.

The Spitfire duo performed next, giving their usual professional display. Again I spent most of the time watching, rather than 'shooting', especially as a lot of the shots would have been directly into the sun.
Back as soon a I can, with the Hawker biplane trio.

MF 35.jpg
MF 36.jpg
MF 37.jpg
MF 38.jpg
MF 40.jpg

Thanks my friend, it's much appreciated.

Still working on the Hawker trio pics, so meanwhile, here are a few abstract shots, including a KLM Cargo '747, passing at around 15,000 feet.

MF 41.jpg
MF 42.jpg
MF 43.jpg
MF 44.jpg
MF 45.jpg

So after that underwhelming intermission, it's back to the flying, and the lovely sight of three Hawker biplanes.
Whilst the Gladiator played the role of 'The Joker', the Demon, Nimrod and Fury formed up, to pass in a three-ship a couple of times, before breaking-off to do singleton passes.
With the sun sparkling off their silver wings, it wasn't hard to imagine what it must have been like at the pre-war Hendon Air Displays, and these graceful biplanes were a joy to watch.

More to come just as soon as I can.

MF 46.jpg
MF 47.jpg
MF 48.jpg
MF 49.jpg
MF 50.jpg
MF 51.jpg
MF 52.jpg
MF 53.jpg

Thanks again chaps, glad you like them - more soon.

Andy, EP122 is a new rebuild, first flight in May this year. It was recovered from Gozo, where it had been pushed off a cliff after a forced landing in 1943. Substantial parts of the fuselage and engine etc were recovered in the 1970's.

Thanks Jeff and Andy - many more Spits, in formation and crossing passes, later.

The next 'slot' was a little more sedate, and represented the fighter training element, with a pair of Chipmunks and the Portugese Harvard, the latter rattling a few glasses with it's prop tips.
Coming next, the BBMF Lancaster ............

MF 54.jpg
MF 55.jpg
MF 56.jpg
MF 57.jpg
MF 58.jpg
MF 59.jpg
MF 60.jpg
MF 61.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back