Duxford "Meet the Fighters" airshow, Sept 10th & 11th, 2016. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few mediocre shots of the BBMF Lancaster, which arrived out of the haze to audible applause from the crowd.
Corsair next ....

MF 62.jpg
MF 63.jpg
MF 64.jpg
MF 65.jpg
MF 66.jpg

Thanks Wojtek and Jeff.
A contact at DX told me that the Lanc is due to be at Duxford at the end of this season, to have some work carried out by ARC, so it may be around for a while.
Next up, the resident Corsair provided its usual high-powered display.

MF 67.jpg
MF 68.jpg
MF 69.jpg
MF 70.jpg

Thanks again chaps.
I'll try to post another couple of selections later today. I'll be away for four days from tomorrow, so can't post until Tuesday.

Thanks Jeff and Hugh.
I regret that the four days away are not as originally planned, as I have a painful visit to make first, but there's a chance I might get to the Bottisham Museum Open Days, as originally intended, at some point over the weekend.
Back as soon as I can chaps.

Thanks again chaps for the good wishes.
I'm back, and have tried to explain things in the 'AWOL' thread posted elsewhere.

So, continuing with the theme of fighter pilot training, air to air gunnery training was represented by a Piper Cub towing a banner drogue, with a Hurricane demonstrating the techniques.

PIC 1. The Cub approaches to pick up the drogue.
PIC 2. A poor shot of the Hurricane curving in for a firing pass, but you'll get the idea.
PICS 3 to 5. The Hurricane curves in for another pass in the opposite direction.

Coming next, Cold War Combat. with the MiG 15 and Vampires ........

MF 75.jpg
MF 71.jpg
MF 73.jpg
MF 74.jpg
MF 72.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back