Duxford "Meet the Fighters" airshow, Sept 10th & 11th, 2016.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps.
Another six months before the UK airshow season starts again, but I hope to get to a couple of aviation related sites before then, and I'll post pics when, or if, i do.

Thanks very much Andy, and I presume you're referring to the Spitfire selection ?
The shots of the 'Reds' aren't up to much, as I really couldn't be bothered at that point, and just pointed the lens in the general direction a few times.

Just one of those rare, lucky days Jeff. I seem to have brought good weather to everywhere I've visited this year.
The day before, for the Saturday show, it had been torrential rain all day - until I arrived at the campsite at around 18.45, when the rain suddenly stopped, and the sun came out !
On one evening in Norfolk, sitting have a G&T in Liz's garden at 18.00 hrs, with the temperature still at around 26 degrees, I got a text message from a friend back in Macclesfield, telling me there was a massive storm, and flash flooding, with the sky really black. It had been a reasonable day for Macc, but cloudy, and a good ten degrees cooler than Norfolk !

Thanks very much Hugh, glad you like them.
Time now to clean the Nikons and lenses, and have a proper look at the focusing options on the D80, whilst pondering on the possibilities of investing in a Nikon 400mm lens ............ anyone know where there's a bank vault left open accidentally ??!!

Thanks Andy. I'm fairly pleased with them, considering they're all taken from around 150 to 200 meters further back than usual, at overall ranges of around 500 to 800 meters. Where there are signs of slightly 'soft' images is mainly due to the haze which was building by that time of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back