eBay: Japanese airplanes and other hardware.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good research, Hiromachi.

Original drawing is said kept by Fuji Heavy Industries - old Nakajima.
I think the photo you scanned from the book is a photographic copy kept by Kanazawa Institute of Technology.

So Fuji Heavy Industries keeps any archives for the old materials after Nakajima ? Interesting, I though almost everything of Nakajima was lost - aircraft airfoils, engine performance curves, design documentation ...
This is something new to me.

I think the photo you scanned from the book is a photographic copy kept by Kanazawa Institute of Technology.
One more place to visit when I'll be in Japan.

Aichi E16A Zuiun

Aichi E16 Zuiun Paul_02.jpg

B5N and B6N were very often used in 1943+ as a recon aircraft and equipped with radar. The Yagi radar anntenaes on the wing leading edge and sides of the aircraft reduced the speed by about 5 knots, but it was all worth it. B5N and B6N could try after that a night attacks. I was always curious how actually looked the operation of transmitter and receiver looked like, how hard it was for a gunner to learn to effectively use it. In fact I'm curious if any H-6 radar is in state allowing to use it.

According to what I read it was roughly equivalent to US SCR 521 or British ASV MK. II radars, but was harder to operate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back