Eduard 1/32 109E-7 TROP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just mix it until you think it looks about right Keith. It'll be good practice for you, and don't worry about getting the shade absolutely right. As long as it's close enough, then that's close enough ! There's far too much b*ll*cks talked about this shade and that shade when it comes to modelling, with the 'rivet counters' seeming to forget scale effect, the age and condition of the aircraft (and paint) on the real thing, conditions at the time, effects of weather, how the paint was applied, where the aircraft is etc etc etc.
Engineers say "If it looks right, it is right", and ..... they're right !!

Hi guys

Updated pics.
Just got to put on decals, clear coat and varnish and a bit of touching up

trop 1.jpg

trop 2.jpg

trop 3.jpg

trop 4.jpg

Hi Ellis995,
Good progress so far. :lol: You shouldn't fuzz to much about color shades. Keep in mind that Luftwaffe used all sorts of italian paint over their european style camouflage in the opening stages of the desert war and combined them with their "trop colors" when they were available. Colorlists are good but the front painted what was at their hands.

Colours look spot on to me Keith and nicely applied. Great job, although I might have applied more green patches though.

Attachments

• Bf109 in the best desert camo.jpg
    Bf109 in the best desert camo.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 85
Great camouflage and deception in that pic. But that's only part of the whole picture - it's actually a Messerschmitt 'Gigant' with a Bf109E painted on top !

Great! Looking forward to some more pics. Here's another well-known shot to go by:

Attachments

• me109_1.jpg
    me109_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back