Eduard 1/48 F6F-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine does look good but have you glued the engine cowl on? It looks to be at the wrong angle.

No I've still got to paint the inside of the cowling and I haven't decided if I'm going to open the cowl flaps. I've never stretched sprue and I'll have to practice that so I can make the flap actuators... I got to remember that this is only my sixth or seventh kit.

.... I haven't decided if I'm going to open the cowl flaps. .

The beauty of the kit you have there is that there are 3 kits in one so it's a good opportunity to try to open the flaps on at least one. If you mess it up, use one of the other ones and leave the messed up one far another try later.

I ended up completely cutting off the flaps and making new ones from plastic card. Not that hard really and card is cheap.

I got all the little bits attached last night. I'm not going to open the cowl flaps. I ruined one cowling when I tried to open them and this is the last one I have. I guess i'll practice on spare parts before I try that again. Now I have to decide how I'm going to paint this thing. My thinking is since this is a repaint I will paint the original colors of Intermediate blue over Gull Grey, add the national insignia and then paint the three color scheme over that. Never done a three color scheme so it should be a challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back