Eduard 1/48 F6F-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrady

Banned
Jan 22, 2011
IMG_0562.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because I can't post images... thought I could. Did it a couple of weeks ago. One of your members suggested I try a start to finish build. Thought I'd try that out. Guess I won't now. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

There, I got it to work. You need to make sure there are
on either side of the image link. Also, somehow an extra http was inserted.

And you're not wasting anyone's time! Seems like a cool boxing, which scheme are you doing?

I'm goinmg to do Jimmy Flatley's bird when he was CAG of VF 5 on the Yorktown in August 1943
F6Fs_on_USS_Yorktown_Aug_1943.jpg

Abosolute proof that navy birds were not as clean and neat as some would say.
Should start WIP post tomorrow or the next day. It will be an OOB build but since this is the Royal Class boxing that includes photo etch (in moderation) and resin.
I will be asking for advice on some aspects of the build. I'm still new to this I've only completed 3 kits. I'm working on the F6F 5 nightfighter that is included in this kit and had some problems with the cowling and wing to fuselage join... hopefullly picking brains will help in those areas.

And this is the reason we suggest uplading pictures on our server HDD directly. It allows to avoid such problems.

I will be asking for advice on some aspects of the build. I'm still new to this I've only completed 3 kits. I'm working on the F6F 5 nightfighter that is included in this kit and had some problems with the cowling and wing to fuselage join...

Our advice might depend on a few different factors. A few pictures would be helpful.

Didn't know I could upload directly.

Attachments

• f6fpita.JPG
    f6fpita.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 213
  • f6fpitb.JPG
    f6fpitb.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 203
  • f6fpitc.JPG
    f6fpitc.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 201
It's been a couple of weeks but I got caught up in a couple of group builds on other sites. Got a lot of work done last night. Fuselage is buttoned up. I some how lost the lap belts on the seat so I had to scratch them out of pinstriping tape and bits of wire. Hardly visable anyway. I can't find any reference pics that show the diagonal brace in the windows behind the cockpit... so I left them out. Not very happpy with the fit of the turbo wastegate door (it was just as bad on the F6F 5 I did awhile ago so probably a kit issue) but its not too visible with the tank in place. Got the center seam on the tank and the fuselage taken care of. Some "experts" on other sites insist that flangless tanks were introduced in 1945 I have refs that show them in use as early as mid 1943 so I'm going to leave the tank ss it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 162
It's starting to look like a Hellcat. The wings and empenage are on. I'm not crazy about the kit supplied guns. I don't see why they couldn't include a set of resin... I'll stop whining. The engine is done. I thought the resin engine. I even worked on for a while. I just don't have that skill set yet. Maybe I'll build one of the resin engines with all the PE as a separate project.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.