Eduard BF-110G-4 Weekend Edition 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice to see you back at this one Jelmer. Not a big help for you on the camo scheme but I've seen a variety of welle patterns or large blotches of 75 over 76 in profiles of other aircraft that could be applicable to the pic on page 4. On the other hand, I also take the point that the camo in the pic on page 4 could be interpreted to be the day fighter scheme, although there are no mottles on the side. I checked the pattern on the wing top and it could arguably be the factory standard splinter so it seems my observations are entirely useless and inconclusive!

Thanks for your $0.02 anyway Andy. I drew pretty much the same conclusion, it could go either way in terms of a 'standard' day fighter scheme or sorts or some for of overall RLM76 with larger blotches/patches of RLM75 to it. I did follow Terry's advice though and drop Maximowitz and Erich a line, and Maximowitz said he'd could look into it and contact a few people on it. This project is not a rushed job anyway, so I'm hoping he might be able to uncover a few extra details, and if not....I can still fall back on artistic licence and for example take this schema as the basic thing (based on what the pics suggest) and fine tune it a bit into something I like

Attachments

• maybe.png
    maybe.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 198
scan0001.jpg
scan0002.jpg
scan0003.jpg
scan0004.jpg

There you go!
Have you anymore pics of Jabs aircraft apart from the ones on the previous pages? Any further pics in Luftwaffe in Sweeden?

Thanks for the scans! I fear the pics I placed on the previous pages are the only ones I managed to find. That's the thing with these nightfighters, due to the secretive nature of all the equipment (schrage musik, radar etc.) there were some pretty strict rules for taking pics. So pics of the mounts of the various top scoring aces are quite rare, let alone a few exceptions which were taken under special circumstances (think Jabs' belly landed plane in Sweden, Wim Johnens kite after he got stranded in Switzerland etc.)

So many night fighter aces that arn't well documented, I remember there being a Czech born flyer who flew in the luftwaffe that was a night fighter ace, If I find the artcile I'll post it here :D,

all I have to say is : pick a shark mouth Bf-110 :D

all I have to say is : pick a shark mouth Bf-110 :D

Certainly hope to do a sharkmouth sometime. Got two Eduard BF-110E's and another G sitting in the stash, so one of those is destined to be build into a sharkmouth of sorts.

How about a totenkopf '110?

Photo courtesy of the Luftwaffe Experten Message Board.

Attachments

• Bf_110_106_Skull_and_bones_nose_marking_IIIZG76_2.jpg
    Bf_110_106_Skull_and_bones_nose_marking_IIIZG76_2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 231
Haha, those 110's look pretty interesting too. I think I may have seen some pics of the same or similar a/c in either a Luftwaffe Im Focus issue or in one of Meier Stipdonk's Zerstorer Nachtjagdverbande volumes. Not quite sure, but the nosearts looks familiar somehow.

As for the sharkmouth, I was browsing through my Zerstorer Nachtjagdverbande volumes just now and came across this Ju-88 that had a sharkmouth to it....that looked pretty interesting as well.

Very nice Jan! III./ZG76 possibly.

@Jelmer.

How about this for an '88?

I shall try not to pollute your thread any further - we're going a bit off topic!

Source: LEMB

Attachments

• Ju88%20death%20hand%20StG%2077.jpg
    Ju88%20death%20hand%20StG%2077.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
The skull looks so hardcore! It's a real work of art!

Tha Ju-88 looks nice too Maximowitz!

With so many interesting examples showing up all of a sudden, I'd certainly be interested to try my hand at building one those in a 'noseart' GB of sorts

The skull is awesome :D

This one would of been cool if it covered the entire nose, but still interesting :D

1-Bf-110E-ESG-02.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back