Email Delivery

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is your e-mail addres written down here in the forum options?

Not following you ?

I went to the User CP area where I can change my email and it still shows the correct one.
Is that what you are asking ?

It is the same one I registered with and I did receive the notifications to that account until you (WWII forums) changed the account that sent the emails.

Wheels

Yes it is. I have checked your settings and all seems to be fine. It is possible the problem might have been caused by the changing of the account. Personally I've " switched off " all notifications except the PM note here in the forum only.

I remembered an old Earthlink email I have so I am going to see if it works with that one.
If I mess up something and disappear after I logout today it's not on purpose. :lol:

Wheels
Changing to the Earthlink email did not change anything with the subscribed threads. I am still not getting any notifications.

I confirmed that I used the correct Earthlink email address in my profile here.
I copied the email address that I am using in my profile and used it to send myself an email to that Earthlink address from another email account of mine.
I received that email.

I have to see if I get notifications for PM's at that email address before I change it to something else.

Wheels

You have set the subscription of threads option disabled in Default Thread Subscription Mode section. Please check your setting again and if all is set like you wanted, save these by hitting the "save changes" button at the bottom of the page .

Hello Wurger,

I clicked on "Save Changes" like you said and will check again before I login tomorrow to see if I am receiving the emails.

----------------

To save some time in case it doesn't work, this is how I have been doing it to this point.

I do not want to subscribe to every thread that I submit a post.
That is why I have the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" set to "Do not subscribe."
default_subscribe.jpg

When I want to subscribe to a thread I click on the "Thread Tools" and click on the "Subscribe to this Thread" link.
thread_subscribe.jpg

After susbscribing I make sure that the notification is set to Instant.
I have tried Daily and Weekly notification and they do not work for me either.
Subscriptions_Page.jpg

As you can see from the picture above there have been posts added to the first two threads in my subscription list.
I did not receive an email notification.

Wheels

I see. It seems all options have been set correctly. So it has to be a problem with the forum program. OK. Horse has been informed about this and other problems we have noticed so far.

I received several email notifications to my earthlink.net email account today. I hope at some point to be able to use the AOL account again but if I have to continue to use the earthlink account I will not complain.

I will try the AOL account again in a couple of weeks. I want to make sure I continue to get them at the earthlink email address for a while.
Thanks. :)

Wheels

My account in Gmail, works OK, in all cases:
  • Notifications of Suscribed forums
  • Notifications of Suscribed threads
  • New answers at my old and new posts
  • Notification of new linkbacks
  • Notifications of new PMs

Well done :D!

Jan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread