End Of The World: Caused By An Experiment?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I'm pretty sure absolute velocity is how fast they are going without relation to each other. Like one car is going 65 mph and one 87 mph. Total displacement is the speed measured by how far apart they are. I'm not sure if this is a different measurement but from the way my physics teacher talked about it I think they are different

Well I'm pretty sure absolute velocity is how fast they are going without relation to each other. Like one car is going 65 mph and one 87 mph. Total displacement is the speed measured by how far apart they are. I'm not sure if this is a different measurement but from the way my physics teacher talked about it I think they are different

Ok, so I guess the absolute speed would be in excess of warp 1, beating the speed of light. So it's plausable.

Another question that always bothered me is this. If space is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Ok, so I guess the absolute speed would be in excess of warp 1, beating the speed of light. So it's plausable.

Another question that always bothered me is this. If space is expanding, what is it expanding into?

not space, universe. universe is expanding into space.

but another great explanation could be found in the final scene of MIB.

not space, universe. universe is expanding into space.

but another great explanation could be found in the final scene of MIB.

Right. Got that part. But the mere fact that there was a big bang means it had to have an initial point on existance. So, the universe expands from that point, both in the space and out of the space. Like a balloon, it expands inside the balloon but it also expands outside the balloon.

Where is the outside of the balloon expanding into, or what?

I am starting to think it is expanding into the previous universe which is run by a totally different set of physical laws and the mere existance of our universe renders the previous universe extinct. In other words, the instant you see it, it no longer exists because it is on another plane, in a different existance and both universes can not exist at the same time.

I find it funny that some scientists around the world, including the retired German scientist mentioned, fears black holes emerging, he also seems to be the only German to believe this as Germany is probably the country most heavily involved in the project having 26 teams of scientists working over there: Many of them involved in the construction of the LHC.

Infact at this very moment an even more powerful accelerator is under way in Germany, designated FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), this is to reveal a lot more details regarding the Big Bang.

"With CERN, it's like getting a look at a new country at high speed from the highway," spokesman Ingo Peter said. "With FAIR, it will be like 1,000 four-wheel-drives swarming over it off-road."

"We have different scientific purposes. CERN scientists can tell you how the far side looks. We'll be able to tell you about the fine detail of this new country: matter."

And from CERN:
CERN Press Release – Final LHC Synchronisation Test a Success

There's nothing to fear guys.

I really don't know about the space expanding thing. The only real thing I can think of is that around our universe is dark matter that is being compact. Now I haven't put much thought into this because I don't really believe in the Big Bang so I don't know. Good question though

soren, one day they will build an accelerator that rounds the equator line.

i like that, the mankind shall advance !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back