End Of The World. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More odious is Peter Popov, a con artist that was busted by "60 minutes". He would keep people waiting for an hour to enter the auditorium while he had workers circulate and collect personal details that were then transmitted by his wife to him via an ear piece he wore. He fled to Canada where he still carries on his "show".

You gave us Popov, we gave you Beiber....seems fair.

Geo

While my intellict sides with Paul I have also seen/experienced lots of weird stuff to simply dismiss every thing as hokum.
Think of Nos in his century viewing ours. We can only describe things we see in term of what we already know. Thus it is diffucult for humans of different cultures to communicate. Naytheless tantalizing Quatrains:

The great man will be struck down in the day by a thunderbolt,
An evil deed foretold by the bearer of a petition.
According to the prediction, another falls at night time.
Conflict at Reims, London and a pestilence in Tuscany.

The ancient work will be finished,
Evil ruin will fall upon the great one from the roof:
Dead they will accuse an innocent one of the deed,
The guilty one hidden in the copse in the drizzle.

How would a Carcano rifle appeared to Nos; John on the 22nd during the day shortly after 12 noon, Robert after midnight in 68; student riots in London and France in 68/69, floods in Florence warnings of disease possible; innocent accused - what did Oswald always say; Jeane Dixon predicted the assination and carried a warning to the White House
Tantalizing

Don't get me wrong, I actively investigate the weirdness that is our world, I just remain,...um, skeptical.
Of one thing I am sure, there is no-one on the face of the planet that could get three aimed shots with that garbage rifle in six seconds. The head shot was from the front, no doubt in my mind.
And I will admit that the translations that you have posted make for quite a coincidence.
However, I looked up the quatrain in the original writings of Nostradamus. 1-Q26 in the year 1555
"Le grand du fouidre tumbe d'heure diurne
Mal predict par porteur postulaire
Suiuant presage tumbe d'heure nocturne
conflict Reimes Londres Etrusque pestifere."
Two different on-line translators cross checked with an old French to English dictionary that I have, yields this...
"The great (or big) of lightning grave hour day
Evil prediction by bearer solicitor
Following omen grave hour night
Clashes Reims London Tuscany plague victim."
Quite a difference. I assume that you have used John Hogue's translations? Not your fault then.
Mr. Hogue has made a bundle off mistranslating Nostradamus. He has been caught inventing "new" quatrains, remember the one floating around just after 9/11? Something about "The new city burning at 45 degrees" Total bull invented by Mr. Hogue to sell another book.
Just to make things clear, I have a great respect for you and your knowledge of the many mysteries of science.
I had a very frightning experence as a child when a cousin played a mean spirited trick on me. In my extreme fright I ran towards the "ghost" that was tormenting me and exposed the trick. I have been doing pretty much the same ever since.

Last edited:
6138288_460s_v2.jpg

Geo

Paul, as am I. (Good thing we live far apart else we'd be in trouble ALL the time) As I had stated the difficulty of different cultures communicating, shades of meaning and colloquialisms abound plus having to write in such a way that the Inquisition Fun Squad did not come for a visit. Jeane Dixon predicted the assination of JFK and went so far as to call the White House.
So.....Tantalizing

Paul, as am I. (Good thing we live far apart else we'd be in trouble ALL the time) As I had stated the difficulty of different cultures communicating, shades of meaning and colloquialisms abound plus having to write in such a way that the Inquisition Fun Squad did not come for a visit. Jeane Dixon predicted the assination of JFK and went so far as to call the White House.
So.....Tantalizing
O.k.
But I will look into that also.

O.k., The investigation into Jeane Dixion is as complete as I am willing to go.
She was wildly wrong on probably 90% of her predictions, Russia would beat us to the moon, World War 3 would begin in 1958, cancer would be cured by 1967, total peace on earth by 2000,....
On to Kennedy. In 1956 she predicted that the 1960 election would be dominated by labor and a Democrat would win, but would not likely survive his term. By 1960 she predicted that Nixon would win.
There was a tape recording system in place that FDR instituted at the behest of his good friend Winston Churchill. This is fact. All Presidents since have used recording devices, the benifits are many and obvious. There has been a "cut-off" switch that the President can use at his discretion, that JFK used sometimes. I'm sure that you know why.
On this call he let the recording go on.
The White House records show a phone call from Mrs. Dixon on 13 November 1963. She claims that she warned President Kennedy that he would be assassinated if he goes to Dallas.
Transcripts say merely that she warns him if he "Goes down south, something bad could happen".
This is provided by the FOI act, and may, in fact, be incorrect. After all, the Govt. still claims that L.H. Oswald was the lone shooter. So, if Mrs. Dixon did foresee the Kennedy Assassination, it was a one of her rare hits.

Dang it! now I have to find something equally as weird,... everybody knows how Tom Jefferson and John Adams died on the same 4th of July, 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Did you know that President Garfield could write latin with one hand and greek with the other while playing Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" with his left foot!?!
No, really!
Other than that, he was an accomplished mathematician, he was conversant in German, and he could juggle!
Hardly seems worthy of being remembered by a cartoon cat!

Makes me wonder about the low standards we have for current applicants for the job...

There's still hope....

"
Most end of the world conspiracy theories begin with some crackpot in a basement browsing old religious texts on the internet – but this one comes directly from a higher authority. NASA is predicting that in the beginning of the year 2013, the sun's growing magnetic energy will combine with the highest levels of sunspot activity in the past 11 years, causing a barrage of solar flares that will destroy all of our computers – satellites will be the hardest hit – and disrupt the earth's magnetic field.

Interestingly enough, this scientific forecast coincides with another prediction by author David Flynn who, in 2008, said that Isaac Newton's doomsday calculations were slightly off, and pointed to 2013 instead of 2060 as the beginning of the Messianic era.

"

Geo

Hm. With all of this sun spot activity, and global warming, then how come it's cold and always p*ssing down where I live !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back