End Of The World. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All I can say is, it's been great knowing you guys (and Maria!), ... and if I gotta go, it's nice to know everyone else is going too.
Not to be selfish, but I got a few personal messages to a couple of people... before we all get blown to smithereens,.. Kathy (the preachers daughter); It could have been great, let it go. Quit calling me.
All the folks I owe money to, I wrote you all post-dated checks...for after the world has ended! HA HA HA, suckers!
To that one guy, you had the same idea for me, so I guess, well, it sucks to have been you. No regrets.
To all the rest of the world, Good Luck, and thanks for all the fish!

Can't end today, no tomorrow, I won't have my F2b finished..... It'll just have to wait!

Black dress or not!!!!

Two things I have to laugh about through this whole thing...

One, the picture of the doomsday device everyone is posting is the Aztec calendar...not Mayan...

And, the western calendar that we use today to keep track of time with, is one that the Emperor of Rome instituted that adjusts itself with leap years. The Mayan calendar doesn't have this adjustment, so technically, the apocolypse has already happened...
:lol:

You're right Dave. It happened sometime between 23.00 hrs on 29 February this year (my Birthday) and 04.00 hrs on March 1st this year (the morning after my party).
I can describe what it looked, and felt like, before everything went black; first, the ground became unstable, and then began to wobble alarmingly. Then, the faces of the people around me began to distort and melt into horrendous, inhuman, wax-like masks (apart from the Hippocroccofrogs, who exhibited very slight improvement), as they, too, wobbled and spun around me. Next, all the lights seemed to burn with an intense brilliance, before flashing in a sort of hypnotic rhythm to distorted music coming from who knows where. As all of this was happening, I began to feel slightly 'out of this world', with fluctuations in body temperature and respiration, before feeling as if I was floating, horizontally, above the stone-flagged floor, which looked for all the world like fields, spread out below, when doing a free-fall jump. I just had time to notice that these fields were approaching rapidly, before, suddenly, the darkness overcame me.
So there you have it - what the end of the World was like. Ever since, I've been living in a new 'afterworld', where conversation takes place over the ether, with friends all over the world whom, I am sure, must have felt the same, or similar sensations, when their world ended ......

You're right Dave. It happened sometime between 23.00 hrs on 29 February this year (my Birthday) and 04.00 hrs on March 1st this year (the morning after my party).
I can describe what it looked, and felt like, before everything went black; first, the ground became unstable, and then began to wobble alarmingly. Then, the faces of the people around me began to distort and melt into horrendous, inhuman, wax-like masks (apart from the Hippocroccofrogs, who exhibited very slight improvement), as they, too, wobbled and spun around me. Next, all the lights seemed to burn with an intense brilliance, before flashing in a sort of hypnotic rhythm to distorted music coming from who knows where. As all of this was happening, I began to feel slightly 'out of this world', with fluctuations in body temperature and respiration, before feeling as if I was floating, horizontally, above the stone-flagged floor, which looked for all the world like fields, spread out below, when doing a free-fall jump. I just had time to notice that these fields were approaching rapidly, before, suddenly, the darkness overcame me.
So there you have it - what the end of the World was like. Ever since, I've been living in a new 'afterworld', where conversation takes place over the ether, with friends all over the world whom, I am sure, must have felt the same, or similar sensations, when their world ended ......
Sounds like the world ended every weekend when I was a student.

Well hell's bells...Terry, you hit the nail right on the head there...I've been there myself!

Sounds like the world ended every weekend when I was a student.

Yep Marcel, just like I was mentioning about Terry's experience, I've been there myself...many times...

So perhaps the end of the world isn't a singular episode...perhaps it's a recurring event :evil4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back