Erich Hartmann-World War 2 Ace

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah but what pb is saying is because his logs were lost in the Soviet Union (and probably wont ever be recovered.) We will never really know.

Petr Kacha's site who I have helped in the past is using what he has, look at his 1945 findings for one......................totally a shambles and no where even close to completeness the JG 52 records are somewhat void even with Nikko Fast's huge volumes, we can only suspect, there may have been more confirmed or even less confirmed to Hartmann's score and his kameraden than we will ever know, same for Ost front kills by JG 51 and 54 and other Ost front LW units.

Petr Kacha's site who I have helped in the past is using what he has, look at his 1945 findings for one......................totally a shambles and no where even close to completeness the JG 52 records are somewhat void even with Nikko Fast's huge volumes, we can only suspect, there may have been more confirmed or even less confirmed to Hartmann's score and his kameraden than we will ever know, same for Ost front kills by JG 51 and 54 and other Ost front LW units.

Agreed and thanks as well.

May I recommend the book The Blond Knight of Germany which is about Erich Hartmann; excellent book, I read it years ago. It can be ordered from Amazon.com.

Erich Hartmann had a good career after being released from prison by the Russians. He headed the new post war Luftwaffe and later became the president of Germany's Lufthansa Airlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back