Erich the old sage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

from this past Saturdays Century ride, the hottest 100 I have ever done, we started out close to I-5 at 8.20 am it was 82F and climbing, my neck is still screwed up I cannot stand up straight yet from my previous cycling accident

Atthestart.jpg

now we are about 40 miles into the ride past Scot Bar at 2750 feet and riding rollers it is about 95plus F now

Ricklupine.jpg

dang the heat really scores me big time, now over 100 and it must have been 110F possibly as the last 20 miles my tires were getting soft meaning the road was at 125F minimum, things are starting to melt including me, a hot wind from the west right up our butts but that is for some more pics I need to download......... my take on the time frame for the moment as we slowly climb ~

isittheheat.jpg

Guys :

heres the whole album to view, at the end a week ago a dedication to our friend Gary Erb who dropped over dead on an organized Century ride last September, we are still in shock ........

Kodakgallery.com Slideshow

enjoy !

E ~

Henk no probs, I am too slow this season as I am not healing up fast, but maybe that is a good thing instead of the old adage about taking too many chances...........oh well. Hey two centuries planned for June, the first one is a monster hill climbs equaling anything in the Tour de France

Users who are viewing this thread

Back