Erich the old sage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the 103 miler is done I feel great except where the bald face hornet nearly took out my right nard so that slowed me down the last 40 miles back home in a headwind. we have at least 10 or so pics to share one they send them to me I'll post a few for a good laugh. above the lake the California mtns are all white, real low and long lasting snow levels this year

Good to hear your back in the saddle Erich.

How long did the ton take to do?

When I used to race long distance they used to put up signs with are local champions time in order to inspire us. Andy Wilkinson 12hrs 300miles/24hrs 525miles and Lands end to John O'Groats 41 hours 4 mins and 22 secs. We were also reminded that we were mere mortals at short distance with another local hero Chris Boardman doing an unofficial 17.5 mins for 10miles. Raced against both these guys(actually one of Chris's old Hotta's) On all occasions they made me feel like a pedastrian as they steamed past. Even when Wilko was on his mountain bike with pannier racks he still could post a 56 for 25miles.

With all the long distance rides we wont be seeing another American wearing yellow this year will we?:D

Attachments

• Bean_070322092041271_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    Bean_070322092041271_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 126
too long for me 7 hrs on the button for 103. I was feeling it in the ribs and the right hand plus a 20mph headwind for at least 40 miles going back which really stomped us badly. I still had an ok 14.5 mph avg, nothing to scream yee haw about but beats a measley 10mph or slower. this was a private showing, you bring the goodies type of ride no sag support and not organized, just some good friends out to get sunburned and enjoy the views.
semi organized club ride this upcoming Sunday to 50 miles 1/2 of it hills, so the bike is getting some things fixed up due to the previous crash in the shop......... thanks for asking guys, pics to follow in short time

Charles I am still waiting for the pics to be sent to me, don't worry there will be enough spandex for everyone to throw up on

my right ribs are still a mess, the right hand is doing better as I did some gardening and tipping back the Jap maples that are starting to grow like weeds

yee haw

Charles I am still waiting for the pics to be sent to me, don't worry there will be enough spandex for everyone to throw up on

my right ribs are still a mess, the right hand is doing better as I did some gardening and tipping back the Jap maples that are starting to grow like weeds

yee haw

Hope you're doing better. And I also hope you didn't wait too long to seek
medical attention to the right hand. I think we can all handle spandex.

Charles

Charles I go in for my yearly to a good cycling friend who will give me the hard nose look asking me what the heck am I doing out there, the right hand is stiff the right rib cage hurts unbelievably but still does not keep me from work or riding...........sleep is another story

thanks and I'll make it ~

Ok folks, the Buddie System I've been harping about is alive and well !
I just got off the phone with Erich, and we chatted for about ten minutes.
He took a nasty fall, and most of his right side is messed up one way or the other.

He sounded in good spirits, and time is on his side. He will heal, it will just
take time. I did remind him he's not healing an 18 year old body anymore.

He's waiting for his wife to come home to take him to get stitches in his
right hand. He's going to bite the bullet and seek professional help.

He said he'd be watching the forum, but not typing too much. So here's the
place to get a message to him.

He has my phone numbers if he needs anything.

Charles
Cheese, II don't know the date of the post, but ehen you talk to him again, wish him my best!

Karl I am still in pain the right rib cage is swollen still plus the effects of road rash are evident my right hand is messed up big time internally as well as swollen but I am managing, even though the days are short with loss of energies, that will all be built back up in time

thanks guys ! E ~ and photos soon of the century ride I just received the 16 page album not to get it somehow downloaded and placed

ok guys this is the simplest way to do this is just show the whole darn thing........

Kodakgallery.com Slideshow

just click the album cover on the left. yours truly is wearing red again with the blue/silver Camelback. there is a frontal shot of me coming down a hill at 45mph plus as she just stepped in my face to take the snap.......crazy woman as I almost tagged her

just click the right arrow at the upper right to continue or the small thumbs at the bottom individually

enjoy ~ we gained roughly 3500 feet elevation that day - fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back