Eurofighter upgrades (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, a fellow Texan! I went to the brewery a few weeks ago, it was magical.

Anyways I am a fan of the Eurofighter, I hope they can get everything straight and let it acheive it's full capability.

Ah, a fellow Texan! I went to the brewery a few weeks ago, it was magical.

Anyways I am a fan of the Eurofighter, I hope they can get everything straight and let it acheive it's full capability.

Haha! :lol: Fellow Texan, I am not. I'm born and bred in Jersey. I'm just stationed here in Texas, but we'll be moving back to Pensacola in a month. My son was born here in Texas, though.

It is a deterent thats why. I seriously doubt that the last of the major wars has been fought. There is still China, North Korea and hell Russia is still a very volotile nation.

Didn't they say that before Argentines reared up? Seriously, world airforces are actually increasing. Not the opposite as Joe2 would imply.

But why do we need an air-supremecy fighter anyway? its hardly likely some group of terrorists will get hold of a bunch of MiGs.

You're right. You don't need any air assets at all, actually. Terrorists aren't likely to launch a major naval operation, so you should scrap the Royal Navy. Amphibious landings against terrorists... nahhh - give the Royal Marines the pink slip. Major ground operations against a well armed conventional army... not too likely, so the British Army should be phased out too....

Don't encourage him. The RAF personnel numbers have gone from 90,000 in the 90s to 40,000 today. The RN has suffered a commensurate loss of ships. The humour here is quickly fading.

But why do we need an air-supremecy fighter anyway? its hardly likely some group of terrorists will get hold of a bunch of MiGs.

Russia and now China are more than willing to sell quite sophisticated aircaft to anyone. Personally I wouldn't fancy my chances in a Tornado against an Su27 or even Mig29 if they got within IR missile range.

The UK have if we are honest, has been depending on the USA for fighter coverage for some years and its about time we were able to look after our own. Our GA capability has been as good as anyones including the USA but fighters no.

The best fighter the UK has had for a dogfight has been the Harrier FR2 and these are now out of service.

No. Just a slow procurement. And currently DoD wants about 450. Funding is for only about half that...maybe. It's a matter of keeping the assy line open and still allowing for future upgrades/increases in procurement.

No. Just a slow procurement. And currently DoD wants about 450. Funding is for only about half that...maybe. It's a matter of keeping the assy line open and still allowing for future upgrades/increases in procurement.

Last I have heard, the number actually produced will likely be in the 200-250 range. A big beef is the concurrent F-35 project...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back