Evan the Cold Warrior

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They're in storage at the moment. My wife got tired of stepping around them and/or banging her head on them. :lol:

I ordered a couple of them on-line. The stores in Nova Scotia don't carry much of that sort of thing, unfortunately. I'd love to have the entire collection, but there's no way I could justify shelling out the bucks.

I am going to get the Tamiya 1/48th stringbag model which is £48+rigging kit £19 but I have found out that my eyesight is so crap now that im going to have to buy one of those illuminated hobbyist magnifiers so its going to be a bloody expensive kit.

Yes, I can see where putting them out could be a problem. I have mine hanging near the fish tank, so it's out of the walkway.

It would be cool to have all of them, but like you said, it's expensive and then there's the issue of where to put them. I have a vaulted ceiling in the living room and it would be cool to have them all up like a big dogfight, but I think if I did that, I'd be in the doghouse indefinitely!

Maginifiers are a must when modelling, at least for me, trackend. The P-47 comes prepainted and ready to go, you just have to put the wings on and add the armament. Easy to assemble, so it was pretty quick and painless. I would love to get my hands on one and weather it.

The 21st Century Toy planes are actually more like toys than models, but they're very detailed and look great when set up properly. Some of them come with pilots and some don't, but you can order pilot figures individually. The Corsairs' wings even fold up (not quite completely), which is a nice touch. They all have retractable landing gear, and like evan said they're all pre-painted.

No, I have not heard of that one. There are a couple of cool railway museums around town that I have been to. There is another near our new home that we plan on taking my son to in September. They have various theme occasions. He is going to the "Little engine that could" themed event in September. They also do a Thomas the Tank engine one too.

I love the old steamers. I had a model railroad setup as a kid and I loved it.

That's cool - my own father is hugely into steam locos, and those pics of Brandon station took me right back to all the stations and preserved lines that we went to in the Fens.

The Nene Valley is just outside Peterborough - some of the Bond film Octopussy (crap film - great shots of the railway) was shot there.

I don't think Peterborough has changed much - they still have that fearsomely ugly shopping centre there.

Now George Romero really missed an ideal location in that one!

If you like model steam locos theres a live steam model club on the Island and every now and then they have open days on their half mile of 4 6inch track i'll get some pics for you, they are superb models.
A lot of the guys at work do weekends for presevation societys its a bit too much of a busmans holiday for my liking though.

My wifes uncle has a huge model railway thing set up in his basement. It even has tunnels and everthing with stops inside the tunnels and he uses video camaras installed inside to run them and stuff it is crazy but very well built.

Here is some past vacation shots of one of my favorite places. A place I will be in a couple of weeks

Attachments

• twinlakes_210.jpg
    twinlakes_210.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 262
  • lakemary2_347.jpg
    lakemary2_347.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 274
  • mineralmountain_894.jpg
    mineralmountain_894.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 266
  • owensriver_860.jpg
    owensriver_860.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 262
  • trout2_160.jpg
    trout2_160.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 267
  • convictlake_137.jpg
    convictlake_137.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 271
  • bensonvillefalls_176.jpg
    bensonvillefalls_176.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 279
  • bodiegreenst_541.jpg
    bodiegreenst_541.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 273
  • consolidatemill_697.jpg
    consolidatemill_697.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 278
  • bodiemuh_205.jpg
    bodiemuh_205.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 274
America is such a beautiful country...shame it's full of Americans. :laughing6: Ah, I'm only kiddin' great place and mostly great people! Excellent pictures. :thumbright:

Hey, there's always going to be pricks in every nation. I couldn't say ALL Americans are okay, that'd be a lie.

True, good point. I have met dickheads in a lot of different countries. Some had more dickheads than others though. And we have our share of them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back