Evan the Cold Warrior

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean. My mouth was watering just looking at the pic again too. Ah, a couple of more weeks! We do our Mammoth trip once a year now. We used to go several times a year, but after Jacob was born, it gets harder to just take off for the weekend.

I decided to try drawing and painting again as I enjoyed it many years ago. I want to paint a mural for my son's room, so I thought I would practice drawing just to get the feel for it again. Kinda rough, but what the heck. This is actually inspired by a photo that I took.

Attachments

• 0gettinginstruction_138.jpg
    0gettinginstruction_138.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 300
I usually can't draw people either. I have either dug out a repressed piece of art or more likely, I just got lucky! Thanks guys, I will probably start doing more of these.

That's great! We should start a drawin' thread since a lot of people seem to be good at drawin' on here. And I'm not one of those.

Couple more, I am still drawing like crazy, but I don't want to get overwhelmingly boring. I tried my hand at drawing my boy from a picture, and a Bearcat. Not the greatest, but I'm just practicing at this point.

Attachments

• 0bearcat_907.jpg
    0bearcat_907.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 0jakedraw_121.jpg
    0jakedraw_121.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 254
Thanks guys. I didn't know it was in me. It gets easier and better as I go. I guess it's like anything else, the more you practice...

I did an SNJ last night that came out okay, but the pilot looks blotchy.

I wouldn't say that, Les, you do a great job as well. I cheat by using a protractor and a ruler at times to get the angles and measurements correct, but the rest is me. I draw best with a black and white photo too. Color has too much detail for me, so I convert it to black and white with Adobe first, then use the B W pic or pics to go by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back