Extreme Home Simulation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I think you're definately onto something here, but you should go to a patient attorney immediately, and secure your ideas. You don't need to build one to hold a patient, just need to present the conceptual drawings and all.

Then you can lisense your idea to a manufacturer and so on...

As far as the suicidal mode goes, I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but as cool as it sounds...I don't think that would make you alot of money...If they could only use it once, then I doubt it'll be a big seller! :lol:

Mechanical and electronics side of it is the easy part. What I would see being a problem is getting the game to talk your similator. If its anything like CNC you need to turn the movement of the game into G code. A further program(loads of these available from free to megabucks) to read the G code and translate into motor/ram movement.

G code and the processing program are standard fare. But getting the software companies to embed the G code in the various games is the hard part.

What price bracket are you looking at for this simulator? I spent £1500 just building a basic 3 axis CNC made of MDF(precision parts linear slides bumped price) and a further £1000 on programs.

What are you thinking to use for movement? Steppers, Servos or rams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back