Extreme Home Simulation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What browsers are you guys using? I use Firefox 3 and it works. I have a crappy internet (1.5 MB), a dualcore and Vista. It also works in Safari, here, but not on MSInternetExplorer!

I use IE and Firefox, neither worked.

When I checked the images in the Media tab of FireFox, it showed the images as being 0x0...I also have an Image Shack account, so the permissions are set to accept that site's content as safe.

Weird! :lol:

I use IE and Firefox, neither worked.

When I checked the images in the Media tab of FireFox, it showed the images as being 0x0...I also have an Image Shack account, so the permissions are set to accept that site's content as safe.

Weird! :lol:

yep, pretty weird. im on my laptop now and no luck for me either on this one. so i have to take the words from you guys for it :lol:

Here ya go:

Attachments

• vusix.jpg
    vusix.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 60
  • orbotron.jpg
    orbotron.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
  • playchair.jpg
    playchair.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 59
okay im giving up, Marcel thanks for your effort and the others aswell but even the upload from Marcel doesnt work for me :s

okay now the work lol, sry for the hard time here. Marcel thank you for your effort and time.
it would be cool to have something like that but wouldnt it be an inconvenient size? i mean you would need a big room or a garage to keep it.
but nevertheless it looks great.

Marcel, you're a genius!!

Many thanks for doing that...I really wanted to see the setup.

I agree with Sturmer, it does look a little space-consuming, but definately cool. I wonder how well it performs?

* Those seats in pic 3 would look good in my BMW :lol: *

Oh this is still a dream in the making. The whole idea is to give the virtual pilot/racer much more than just joystick/wheel force feedback. I'm quite an accomplished simracer(Live for Speed - Online racing simulator) and one thing we all now, is you cannot feel the movement through your bum :) you can only react to feedback from the joystick/wheel.

So basically...

In flightsims:
1) You can roll
2) You can pitch
3) You can yaw

In racesims
1) You can pitch (for accelerating/decelerating/braking)
2) You can yaw (drifting/loosing the car)
3) You can roll, which is obvious :)

The big and I mean BIG problem is how to make a sort of force feedback system that works on the EHS, which means the orbotron needs to work with electircal motors, and these must work in accordance to the sim's physics

But if this realizes it would really be awesome. With the vusix glasses(which really is worth the investment) you will not only have fantastic 3d view, but also head tracking while flying inverted for REAL!!

:) Trust some clever Japanese man/company to make this a reality for a mere $200.00 :)

edd

well that would be great, just hope that you dont get a fried circuit and that you keep spinning arround. :lol:
will it include some airbags just in case you crash or a necksupport against whiplashes? :lol:

You see those are some of the points that got me worried. Must have some sort of "release system" or something when for instance your plane's wing get shot off and it starts spinning, then somehow the motors must disconnect from orbotron and the EHS will spin freely util standstill. But this is still very much WIP at the planning stage.

:lol: But wouldn't it be lovely to get black/red outs for real. :lol:

edd

You see those are some of the points that got me worried. Must have some sort of "release system" or something when for instance your plane's wing get shot off and it starts spinning, then somehow the motors must disconnect from orbotron and the EHS will spin freely util standstill. But this is still very much WIP at the planning stage.

:lol: But wouldn't it be lovely to get black/red outs for real. :lol:

edd

Uh, yeah...you go into a flat spin in the sim, and all-hell breaks loose right there in your living room!

I really don't want to know what happens if your battle-damaged aircraft catches fire!!

Perhaps you can program a limiter or a governor on the orbotron that would accept only so much motion input, or limit the range of of response?

Perhaps you can program a limiter or a governor on the orbotron that would accept only so much motion input, or limit the range of of response?

Precisely, and the same must apply for racesims, when a vehicle comes to a sudden stop(driving into the wall:) )

I think this whole project has fantastic possibilities, but something like this must take very careful planning and testing, but like I said, by the time this is working, some clever Japanese company will already selling stuff like this for less than $200.00!!!

I've been planning this thing for the last 4 months now and given my limited experience in building something radical like this is very difficult.

My whole dream with this is an AFFORDABLE yet safe full motion simulation for flight and racing, where true aviation and racing enthusiasts can experience so much more.

BTW, does anybody here own the vuzix glasses and what do you think of it?

edd

I really don't want to know what happens if your battle-damaged aircraft catches fire!!

:D :p :lol: imagine that!!!

Now that is a whole new project for the utterly depressed or maybe the called it the ESS(extreme suicide simulation) for the ultimate kamikaze experience :) :)
edd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back