F-16 South Dakota ANG 175th FS Lobos- Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry guys, I haven't been around much lately, and haven't had time to even start the F-16 yet and here's the reason. I've been involved in buying a summer house and have been up to my ears in all the stuff that goes along with it. Most of that is complete now so hopefully I'll just cost to the closing next month. I just couldn't resist the reduced prices around now and the interest rates below 3%. Maybe I can start in on the model soon before it gets too late.

Here's a picture I took out of the front window a week ago.

Attachments

• P1000186.JPG
    P1000186.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 144
Now that looks like a great place to relax and do .... modelling!
BTW, the GB doesn't end until September 2nd, so plenty of time yet Glenn.

The last time I modeled anything that was still being used by the Air Force I was still in high school so I'm not up on modern colors. Can anyone tell me what the standard blue gray paint scheme colors for a F-16 are, preferably in Model Master colors? I made the Monogram model in the early '80s (still on my display shelf) and used MM paints which look like a good match, but I have no clue what colors they were.

Here's the Monogram model, amazingly still in one piece after all those years. Looking at the colors now knowing the correct ones (Neutral Gray and Gunship Gray), I don't think I used the correct ones back then. The kit was the red white and blue one also, but I wanted the two tone gray but still used the kit decals.

P6219132.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is in a box some where, missing a lot of parts.
My wife came through a minute ago and wanted to know if that was one of my planes in the above picture, and when I told her you were in Chicago, she wanted to know how we took a picture of your plane on my desk!

........My wife came through a minute ago and wanted to know if that was one of my planes in the above picture, and when I told her you were in Chicago, she wanted to know how we took a picture of your plane on my desk!
Just tell her your desk is connected to my desk by a wormhole. That way you can blame the mess on me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back