F-16 South Dakota ANG 175th FS Lobos- Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: 1, Advanced
Model: F-16 South Dakota Air National Guard 175th Fighter Squadron - The "Lobos"
Kit: Academy General Dynamics F-16A/C Fighting Falcon
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: Eagle Strike Decals

Since I still can't decide which Spitfire to enter I've decided to go with this F-16 as my first entry for the Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB. I saw the Eagle Strike decal sheet for the South Dakota ANG's, 175th Fighter Squadron "Lobos" with the wolf on the tail and just had to get it. I haven't made a modern jet since high school so it should be interesting. Monograms F-16 was one of those kits I did 30 years ago and the F-16 still qualifies as a modern fighter. Who'd have thought it would still be one of the best fighters in the world.

I also bought the Monogram kit and have hopes of talking my son Jack into entering it in the GB.

I'll have to do some research before I start this one as I'm not really familiar with the F-16, but for now here's some pictures of F-16s from the 175th in the scheme I'll be using.

85-1398.jpg
85-1440.jpg
466%20tail.jpg
F16C-Lobos-851473-b.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda glad someone is doing an ANG plane.
I used to watch the P-51's of the CA NG out of Hayward CA when I was a kid.
A very long time ago.

Look forward to your build progress.

It looks real nice. I can hardly restrain myself from cutting parts off the sprues, but I must. Still have two unfinished builds in the Favorite Aircraft GB that must be finished first.

P5098802.JPG
P5148824.JPG
P5148825.JPG
P5148826.JPG
P5148827.JPG
P5148828.JPG
P5148829.JPG

Last edited:
I've always liked Academy (1/48th) kits - nicely produced and, generally, good value for money. And they always give you lots of extra bits and pieces - just a shame about their decals, although I've mostly used after-market sets anyway.

Whatcha goona do wit all them little bitty parts ?

Nice kit, tho...

Charles
Try not to go blind installing them Charles :lol:

I've always liked Academy (1/48th) kits - nicely produced and, generally, good value for money. And they always give you lots of extra bits and pieces - just a shame about their decals, although I've mostly used after-market sets anyway.
Agree Terry. I usually don't even try to use Academy decals anymore although I have a B-17 kit in my stash with markings from my Dad's bomb group that I might have to suffer through.

Academy decals can be tamed, I found that a coat of Future on the model, then use Future again as a bonder when placeing the decal, then another coat to seal them in, works.
Otherwise those darn things will peel off every time!
Of course, with another coat of matt finish, this makes for a "thick" finish, but it is the only way I've gotten those to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back