F-18 Crashes In San Diego

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There were 2 houses totally destroyed, they don't know if anyone was inside. Also they have the bomb squad out, the second {empty} ejector seat in the F-18 is in the wreckage, and is in danger of blowing

Yeah Charles its about 15 miles from claremontits 10 min down the road from me i could see the smoke but only barelly they were keepin quiet yesterday but now it seems its everywhere today

Does anyone know what section of SDiego the plane went down in ? I have
good friends in the Clairmont section....

Charles

The news said University City, wherever that is.

A retired Marine Lt. Cmdr. went to the scene right after the crash, and managed to talk to the pilot after he came down out of the tree he had landed in. The pilot said he had declared an in-flight emergency shortly after taking off from the USS Abraham Lincoln, and was trying to make it to Miramar before it got worse. Apparently, he didn't make it.

The news said University City, wherever that is.

A retired Marine Lt. Cmdr. went to the scene right after the crash, and managed to talk to the pilot after he came down out of the tree he had landed in. The pilot said he had declared an in-flight emergency shortly after taking off from the USS Abraham Lincoln, and was trying to make it to Miramar before it got worse. Apparently, he didn't make it.
Marine Lt. Cmdr???? maybe Lt. Col?????

We were just looking at the crash scene through Google Earth - another 20 seconds and he would of made it to the runway or at least to a dirt area away from the homes.

Saw this last night on the news. Feel terrible for that pilot and all involved. The pilot must be replaying everything over and over in his mind trying to find something he could have done differently. This will be a big mess for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back