f-35 jsf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F-14s are already out w/ the USN. USAF is replacing F-16s and A-10s, plus others I think w/ the F-35, and the F-15 is supposed to be replaced by the F-22 eventually.

I am not a fan of replacing the A-10 with the F-35. We had F-86s and F9Fs in Korea and still needed the A-1. In Vietnam we had F-4s, A-7, and A-4s but still needed the A-1, so much so that a new plane was needed, the A-10. The down in the dirt fighting has not changed that much since then. The F-35 will not be hovering around the battlefield giving encouragement (and firepower) to the grunts and depressing the enemy (who is receiving the firepower). The plane continues to prove itself on the modern battlefield. My recommendation, give it to the Army and Marines, I'll bet they would like to have it.

F-35s are not going to take over the A-10 role. Supplement maybe. Can't afford to shoot down one of those babies in the near term. Last I saw A-10s were slated to be on the books until 2030.

I am not a fan of replacing the A-10 with the F-35. We had F-86s and F9Fs in Korea and still needed the A-1. In Vietnam we had F-4s, A-7, and A-4s but still needed the A-1, so much so that a new plane was needed, the A-10. The down in the dirt fighting has not changed that much since then. The F-35 will not be hovering around the battlefield giving encouragement (and firepower) to the grunts and depressing the enemy (who is receiving the firepower). The plane continues to prove itself on the modern battlefield. My recommendation, give it to the Army and Marines, I'll bet they would like to have it.

Have to agree with this. Close support is a dangerous game and you can expect to take hits, with this in mind the A-10 has clear advantages as long as you have control of the skies.
As its very unlikely that anyone will be able to challenge the US in air to air combat, the A-10 would get my vote over the F35.

Just read that the USA have signed an undertaking with the UK to hand over the technology that we would need to be self supporting iro the F-35.

With this sorted out there shouldn't be any problems completing the purchase assuming that the Chancellor releases the money to pay for it. For those in overseas who may not know, he is most likely to take over from Blair as Prime Minister as does have a well earned reputation for being the ultimate bean counter.

Just read that the USA have signed an undertaking with the UK to hand over the technology that we would need to be self supporting iro the F-35.

With this sorted out there shouldn't be any problems completing the purchase assuming that the Chancellor releases the money to pay for it. For those in overseas who may not know, he is most likely to take over from Blair as Prime Minister as does have a well earned reputation for being the ultimate bean counter.

:D you can "bean count" the leaps in capabilities this will give you over harriers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back