F-5A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I do not think the tip is a problem. The air is comming out and I was able to blow air through the tip paint comes out of. I may have to go ahead and buy the badger now. I have not tried to take it apart yet. I will try that after the water trick.

DBII

You can be right Catch22 but it seems that the aiirbrush could be assembled in a wrong way or there is too low air pressure for the one.Besides I'm wonder if there is a sort small hose in the jar.The tube should be long almost up to bottom of the container.

I have more time than money at this point in life so I will wait it out. If it gets to bad, I will give it to my 10 year old nephew. He is at that age were he knows everything.....:lol:

Yep,today kids know much more.:lol:

In meantime something for relaxing.

Attachments

• Rider's march.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
I was able to run water through the airbrush. Next I thinned the paint and tried the airbrush again. I was able to cover the test parts with white spots. The paint is currently 2 parts paint/3 parts thinner. I will try more thinner. I am getting closer.

DBII

small, I may have to hit it with a hammer to get it to work...:lol:. As soon as it is working I want to prime both planes. Then I will start on the F5. I cannot make up my mind how to paint it, to many choices.

DBII

I do not think so. I have been working nights so I do not have much time to play with it. I will try again over the weekend.

DBII

It's OK.I was wonder if your airbrush is able to paint a small area ( as you said - small spots) due to its quite small in diameter nozzle or spitting spots with a paint for instance.

I am not sure, I am thinking that it will. I was painting grey plastic the other night. I could see where the paint was on the plastic but it was hard to see. It was late so I did not spend much time with it. I will try once I have time to try multiple passes. I hope to start painting this weekend unless I get called out of town. I could always paint the F5 hot pink and use My Little Kitties decals on it......:twisted:

DBII

I understand.Because the paint was very diluted it looked like a transparent one.I still think that your compressor has a problem with air pressure.

I have paint! :D There is a plug in the paint cup. I had removed it earlier and nothing happened. I thinned the paint to 2 parts thinner/1 part paint and pulled the plug. The airbrush is now working. The plug is nowhere on the instruction sheet. I should be painting this weekend. :D

DBII

After looking at the pannel lines, I think I should use masking for the pre-shading. I do not want to try so many lines free hand. I may ave a couple of pictures to post early next week.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back