F-5A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What kind of masking are you going to use?
The idea of pre-shading is to paint these panel lines free hand.These should be painted all.But with models in a small scale you can omit these less significant ones.And then, when the model is finished you can use post-shading technic to make them much visible.

It is a 1/48 scale. The wing only has a couple of lines along with the flaps and leading edge. There are several lines behind the canopy and they are close together. If I do them free hand, I may paint everything. I might try every other one. I will look at the photos again. I was thinking of using a "post it" to cover the areas between the lines, that will leave a soft edge. I think that I will "wing it" :)

DBII

my contry uses the f-5 as the standar fither

Ah...a conopy always has to be masked in order to avoid overspraying.So yes for masking of course.:D

DB if you are using Matt Acrylics for your F5, Pastel chalks carefully brushed along the panel lines will give a shaded panel line effect. If you would like to try it I can give you some step by step guidance if you like, as an alternative to pre and post shading with the airbrush.....:)

I lost the battle with the airbrush. I ended up working until 9:30 Saturday night. That ended everything for the weekend. Wayne Little, thanks for the help. I think that a will try the preshading with the airbrush. I am using this model as pratice for a B-25J I am making in Russian markings. Catch 22, I love the new siggy.

DBII

I did not read the instructions on the thinner I purchased last week. It was not for the type of paint that I have. I tried to use the airbrush Sunday and nothing happened. That was good because the paint had seperated and was to thick to spray. I am glad that I did not have to strip that mess off of the plane. I just had to clean out the paint bottle. I drove over to the art supply store and they were out of flat white.

I then went to the store to pick up the 3 rolls of airplane pictures I droped off on Saturday. They messed up 2 of the 3. I made them reprint the photos. I have some photos from the AF musuem in Dayton. I will post later in the week, Me 262, Me 163, Ju 88, and a Fw 190.

After so much bad things, I thought it would be better if I went over to my favorite sports bar to watch the ladies. :D

DBII

Ah ja...It is true we have to be very careful with tinners.There are lots of them offered but we cannot use them for all paints.There was the same problem with Pactra acrylic paints and the thinner offered by Wamod.To be honest nobody has noticed that there was written on a bottle it was liquid for removing of these paints but no thinner at all.I had already a seat for my P-51B/C painted and tried to make weathering using black and silver paints diluted with the so-colled thinner and as a result the Zinc-chromate colour was thinned and destroyed.I had to paint the seat again.

BTW Are there any nice girls at your favourite sports bar? :D

There is one in Germany, Japan and Israel. You can be the owner of your own Sports bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back