F-5A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I go there strictly for the breaking news reports. The food is ok and I can catch the fights on the cable. 8)

DBII

Good news, I have completed puting a coat of primer on the plane. I never thought that I would get it done. I am glad that this is pratice because it was a mess. I did not think an airbrush would be so hard to handle. My next step if to pre shadowing the panel lines. I am going to a fly-in this weekend so it will be another week before I can post any pictures.

DBII

Work has been taking up my time the past couple of weeks. Everyone makes painting look so easy. I got the airbrush to work and learned a couple of lessons. I thinned out the paint to much and it ran off the plane :oops: . I can now make a great worn winter camo :lol: . I was to far away from the plane, most of the paint is on the inside of my paint box. Now I have to buy more paint :lol:. I used three coats and the plane looks faded grey and not white. How much paint should it take to prime a 1/48 F5? The photo lab closed down so I cannot post photos. I will try again next week.

DBII

Hi DBII

What kind of paint are you going to use as a primer? I would suggest to use a Humbrol ligh-grey colour diluted fifty-fifty.Also Gunze - Mr Base White 1000 or Mr. Surfacer serie.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 80
Well guys, I had to put the F-5 on hold. The company that I work for was sold and things have been crazy for the past 6 weeks. I was loaned out to another department and was given unlimited overtime. Party at my place. I have not had any overtime in the past 16 months. Now that I have it, I am working as many hours as I can stay awake. I should have another month of extra work. I have missed the website. With the exception of sneaking a read of "Get Lucky", I have not been able to spend much time reading.

Wurger, I saw a drawing of a Hurricane that Russians used as a spotter plane for their artillery. They had installed a gunner's postion behind the pilot. Any chance that you have information on the conversion?

DBII

Hi DBII,

Welcome back.:D :D :D
Concerning the Hurricane I have to look for.I'm waiting for a book about Hurricane in foreign service.The conversion seems to be easy to go.

Thanks guys. I miss reading everyone. This place is one of the few places that I feel like it is ok to be a guy. No PC BS. Things may be turing around for me at work. Soon I hope to have a more secure postion, more money. I may be able to get a small house wired for the net. It is good to be on overtime again.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back