F-5A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi David,

So the white paint is good.But what kind of paints it is,an enamel or acrylic one? The diluting 50/50 is a very good ratio.

So it has to be something wrong with the airbrush settings.Or the paint doesn't go to the nozzle.

BTW Have you received my mails?

Yes, thank you. I sent you a response. I am at work so I cannot always get to the website.

DBII

DBII, I have just been using an airbrush on my Fw 190, and with a few times of complete unsuccess we finally seem to have a reasonably working airbrush, but with mine it's took a 70/30 - 80/20 in favour of the thinner and 80 psi to get it to work.

I played with the airbrush over the weekend. I did not find any leaks or block lines. The paint is either still to thick or maybe it is to old. It is over two years old. I picked up some thinner and will try again tonight.

dbii

I have to agree with you Catch22.Some of my enamels are almost ten years old.Still no problems with them.
Hej DBII... is your airbrush a double action one?

I have an cheap testors system. I found it on clearance, new for $10.00. The only reason I picked it up was for the compressor. Later I want to get a bager and attach it to the compressor. It is a single action airbrush with both top feed and bottom feed cups.

DBII

It seems that your compressor doesn't give enough of air pressure.Use water for testing.If it is working it means that you should change paints indeed.

I do not have a digital camera. I will see if I can find it on a web site. It is a basic model.

DBII

When I was looking into buying an airbrush before mine was given to me I read that Testors' tips were really bad. The tip might be broken, which means it'll have to be replaced. I dunno if that's the issue, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back