F-7F Walkaround (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to get up close personal with one of the few remaining F-7F Tigercats still flying; the first shot is my attempt at "art" photography. I've also got shots of a P-51D and a Corsair that were there, but I figured people would be more interested in the Tigercat. Hope you like 'em (yes, the rugrats are mine, but they're cute rugrats).

P6210097.jpg

P6210099.jpg

P6210100.jpg

P6210108.jpg

P6210109.jpg

P6210110.jpg

P6210111.jpg

P6210112.jpg

P6210113.jpg

P6210114.jpg

P6210115.jpg

P6210116.jpg

Clay never owned it. He just flies it. I forgot the last name, but a guy named Joe owns it.

Then my information was incorrect (in other words, my brother lied to me!); Clay was there, and he flew the Tigercat and his Turbo Porter Pilatus. The P-51D that was there, Speedball Alice, took out a barricade with it's Hamilton Standard prop when it was taxing back to transient; that was an expensive mistake!

It's a small world; I just found a video on the Web of the F-7F at the airshow I was at (and if you look reeeal hard, you can see me just on the other side of the runway!): F7F Tigercat / U.S. Navy Fighter / Clay Lacy Airshow Demo | Keith Breazeal Video Productions

That airplane has had a lot of different tail codes too. I saw a shot of it in Oct 07 with a WF on the tail. According to the FAA registry, NX909TC is registered to Avstar Inc in Seattle.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/f7fregistry/f7f-80425.html

It's got quite a history! Clay flew a similar program at Camarillo last weekend with the Porter and the Tigercat. I am still going through my shots and will be posting them soon.

Cool pics Sod, it looks like the weather there was kinda nasty

Yes, we had a high-country summer storm moving in from the south during the airshow; the FAA ended up cancelling the last program of the airshow due to lightning strikes (I think it was going to be an Extra 300 demo, IIRC). It rained for a few minutes, nothing serious, just enough to get us wet.

That airplane has had a lot of different tail codes too. I saw a shot of it in Oct 07 with a WF on the tail. According to the FAA registry, NX909TC is registered to Avstar Inc in Seattle.

warbirdregistry.org - A Warbirds Resource Group Site - Grumman Tigercat

It's got quite a history! Clay flew a similar program at Camarillo last weekend with the Porter and the Tigercat. I am still going through my shots and will be posting them soon.

Great info, evan! Now I know why you're our local Warbird expert. I'm not terribly surprised Steve rebuilt it; there are very few people who could do a Tigercat justice, and he's one of them.

I don't know about the expert part, but I have been known to research an airplane or two that are local, especially if I have a picture of it. Some people can get testy if a fact or two is wrong about their airplane on my website.

Clay's a semi-local up here; I won't go into detail. He spends most of his time down south, but he's up here on a semi-regular basis, so he makes a point of participating in our once-a-year home-grown airshow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back