F-86 Cockpit Colors

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
I've been looking around the web and most sources that I look at in terms of cockpit colors from Canadair Sabre Mk.2s have grey cockpit colors, some a mix and some all black.

I've checked the web and theres one site F-86 Sabre FJ Fury colours

that states that the cockpit is in all black, I'm tending on beleiving this site, but the only problem is I can't find any other sources to back up this information, except people going by the said site above. I'm not saying it is in-correct, but I would like to double check the info.

Most of the photos from the F-86 books I have do look like the entire cockpit is in black, except some models that are re-furbed and painted in a mix of grey/black

I think the cockpit should be in all black along with the section of the cockpit that is behind the pilot himself. I want to make sure for my Fireballs Sabre in the Start to Finish thread, which is a Mk.2

The thing that makes me a bit aprehensive is any ejection seat that I try to find on Canadair sabres is mostly in Grey, which might mean its off a Mk 5 or 6, but I want to make sure and double check.

Anyone out there able to help ?

AFAIK it would depend on customer. I believe most cockpits were grey with back instrument panels and LRUs, I believe early F-86s were all black. Some aircraft may have had their cockpits changed to all gray, especially after modification.

Igor, somewhere I have some detailed cockpit shots I took when I got the chance to sit in a Sabre at a local museum but I misplaced them. Will try to find tomorrow.

Igor, somewhere I have some detailed cockpit shots I took when I got the chance to sit in a Sabre at a local museum but I misplaced them. Will try to find tomorrow.

Thanks a mil Andy, they'll help out either way, I've goten a ton of Sabre kits from Christmas (our Orthodox Christmas from Jan. 7th) :D from relatives so I've got nearly all of them from Mk 2 to 6 in the Canadair Sabres :) any cockpit shots are greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back