F86-E Hasegawa 1:32 "Jolley Roger"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hi folks,
This is my first tread in this forum. I built this sabre three years ago.
I remember the day well. A befriended guy showed up carrying a box which contained the sad remains of a sabre with federal german airforce decals. I just had finished two of the old hasegawa birds swearing not to do another of this outdated bugs. But when he told me "built it or I throw it away!" I couldn't resist.

6434666362636134.jpg

The sabre is and will be one of my all time favorites. When i was a child in the late fiftees ,given a sunny day, we often laid on the meadows overlooking the river Rhein valley watching the tiny silver darts which apeared in the sky. Coming in groups of four from the south and from northwest, clashing together in mock dogfights, filling the sky with contrails, loosing height and at last heading off at treetop level to their homebases at Ramstein, Bitburg, Söllingen and Zweibrücken. The southbound bunch carrying mable leafs the western bound the white stars on blue ground. But I'm getting carried away by sentimental feelings. Back to modelling.
The first two sabres I built were F-types so I decided to built an E-version namely the mount of Cliford D, Jolley in its later disguise when it went from the 335TH to Jolting Joe Romack in the 336TH changing the indian head for the rocketeers symbol and the name Jolley Roger to Patricia II. I woted for the last one because I already had an Indian Head.
First came hours of wet and dry sanding removing all raised panel detail followed by hours of rescribing new ones spending fair amounts of acrylic adhesive to correct bad scribing.

The most importand changes from F to E.
two square openings have to be cut in the front Fuselage and the airscoope in front of the vertical stabilizer has to be changed to a plain opening.

post-6446-1236064659.jpg

Hello Michael,

A nice oppening.:) Herzlich willkommen!

Greetings from Poland.

Now the wing. I only cut off the dash 40 wingextensions an did not correct the leading edge. was to lazy to do this -sorry.. :cry:

post-6446-1236064659.jpg

The cockpit iterior is very sparse. I threw away the ejectionseat and made my own one from sheet metal, earcleaner sticks and bit and pieces of plasticcard.

6161396263666464.jpg

The interior color of Korea based sabres was black.

3566663530383839.jpg

Thanks Guys!
A last check before glueing.

3433313162356335.jpg

As I knew from my former builts the landinggear of the Hasegawa- Sabre is a little bit too weak for this heavy model, so I decided to build a brass one decorated with plastcdetails of the original gear.

3561326533656265.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back